Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

La Blanche.

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » La Blanche. « Previous Next »

Giovannigray
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't consider myself a veteran at all, but I've had a bottle of La Blanche for a few weeks now.. so here's a very brief opinion...

If you've tried regular (European) Versinthe, La Blanche is very similar. The difference is twofold, in my opinion. First, obviously, the color, or lack thereof. La Blanche, as its name connotes, is crystal clear and louches milky white (thicker than a La Bleue and its characteristic whitish-gray louche). The reason for the thicker louche is clearly the addition of star anise to the regular Versinthe recipe. (the second difference). It can be easily tasted.

If you haven't tasted Versinthe, see Ted's review in the guide. It's very accurate. Of the two, I prefer the La Blanche, but it certainly isn't one of my favorites, and shouldn't be compared to a La Bleue just because it's clear. It's not a La Bleue by a long shot.

Bottom line.. It's Versinthe with more star anise and less artificial color. Nice enough, but not distinctive.
Zman7
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I ordered a bottle from SC, to add to my collection. Unfortunately I won't have it for at least a couple of weeks.
Crowlyman
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Will anyone (especially a veteran) be doing a review of this La Blanche now that it is available through the Big Two? I looked for a review but can't find one.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page