Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

TAPE

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » FILM FORUM » TAPE « Previous Next »

Joalco
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 7:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Richard Linklater is a talented man, and a damn nice guy, but nothing he's done has really grabbed me since "Dazed and Confused".

And don't even get me started on "Waking Life." I catch a lot of hell for my opinion on this matter, but that movie was awful! It was a retread of the same paths Linklater walked ten years earlier with slacker, set to nausea-inducing, looks-like-an-hour-long-earthlink-commercial animation.
Marccampbell
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

TAPE was directed by Richard Linklater. He also directed SLACKER, DAZED AND CONFUSED, BEFORE SUNRISE, WAKING LIFE.
Anatomist
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone seen it? It's an IFC production from last year with Ethan Hawke, Uma Thurman, and that suicide dude from DEAD POETS SOCIETY. It's one of those movies that's obviously mostly a play, yet is probably better as a movie because they can act movie-style instead of play-style. I thought everything was well done all around. The situation and the characters seemed to develop in a way that was natural, believable, and not typical or predictable. They managed to wring a lot out of a very simple situation. I'm not that familiar with the theater, so this could be fairly standard fare where it's good, I don't know.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page