Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

WORST FILM TITLES OF THE YEAR

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » FILM FORUM » WORST FILM TITLES OF THE YEAR « Previous Next »

Admin
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

well, we *were* speaking of TITLES. hehe.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The movie was unbearably boring. The only reason I went to see it was because it was being projected digitally and I was curious what it would look like. It was too clean looking. I missed the graininess of celluloid.
Anatomist
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Only the title?
Admin
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ATTACK OF THE CLONES has got to be the A-1 retardo film title of the year. I mean really ... wtf!?!?!
Nilson
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There was a movie here in nowheresville called "Runteldat," which I thought at first might be Danish or something, but further inquiry revealed it to be black standup comedy of what the local review called the "rough" variety. Have no clue what the title is about, unless it's some kind of joke about ebonics.
Billyweeds
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 5:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc's list is great, except for Swimfan, which I think is a terrific title, probably much more interesting than the movie. You see, "swimfan" appears to be her internet moniker. You know what that is, hippie, right? I think it sounds 1) like a believable internet moniker; 2) catchy and rememberable (as opposed to memorable); and 3) vaguely sinister in context. A wonderful title which doesn't belong in your otherwise excellent list. And you've alluded to another, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, which may have been great for the book but which sucks as a movie title.
Raschied
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 5:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have to agree with Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever. What the hell is it? A video game?

It reminds me of "The Adventures of Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins." And ends.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here's my list:

K-19, The Widowmaker
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
The Adventures Of Pluto Nash
Ballistics: Ecks vs. Sever
Swimfan

You're at the boxoffice, the ticket seller says
"what movie?"....you hesitate for a moment... its too humiliating to utter the title of the flick...
you mumble "The, the, the, Divine Sisterhood Of The Attack Of The Clones.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page