Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

New Pernod Pastis?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » New Pernod Pastis? « Previous Next »

Mclion
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I found a new one in France. It's called Henri-Luouis Pernod. I havn't found out, if they sell it here, but if anyone offers you a bottle - buy it! Very well worth it! It's "just" a Pastis, but it's simply great.

Markus
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jeez, if I have too much to drink, I just become overly-generous in a different way . . . The guy may be buying me drinks or vice versa, or each buying our own, but someone always gets it in the end . . . and yes, that means that deep down I'm a horndog, I just don't act like it most of the time. :)
Artist
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 3:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, I've got to agree with Traineraz...your "absinthe-induced 'freak-out'" was just an "alcohol-induced 'freak-out'"...if you think differently, you must be unstable to begin with...(*grin*)...

artist (your resident psycho in training...)
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

About getting too drunk... I always have two main effets : Talking too much and becoming VERY generous.

So people gets load of free drinks but they have to listen to my non stop babbling ;-)

With absinthe, it's just a lot worse because I get hyperactive.

*sorry for the interruption*
Greenmeanie
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Meat,

I may be in VA-DC this November for a friend's batchelor party (it was supposed to be in VEGAS, but that's a long story!). I'll let you know if I do. If you are playing I (we) will try and check you guys out!
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

No, I sincerely said and did things I didn't mean. I didn't mean them before, while or after I was drunk. I take full responsibility for my over indulgence in alcohol, and I am not one to use it as an excuse for behavior I normally suppress (unlike a lot of people, you know, "Oh I only did that because I was drunk" -thatís bull-s**t). My body has an amazing tolerance for liquor; I almost never get sick or pass out no matter how much I drink. But sometimes it just gets too much for my mind and something snaps. I had a bit of a "psychotic break" from reality, just like people have from over consumption of any drug, such as PCP (to name an extreme example).
And my serpis was one culprit because I was diluting 65% alcohol and drinking it quite fast. Itís easy to get drunk really quick on something that strong, especially when its taste and the added water masks the ethanol so well.
No there have been times when alcohol gave me that extra push to say and do things I normally want to do but won't, and this wasn't one of them. My behavior was irrational, violent, and psychotic. And I am a pretty grounded guy. I just have an insane physical capacity for alcohol, but my mind is a different story.

And thanks a lot Greenmeanie! We just finished a new demo thats not on the site yet and it blows the old stuff out of the water (in my very biased opinion ;) We're still waiting for the final mixes.
Traineraz
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

I don't want to relive my "freak-out", but basically I lost my temper while really drunk on absinthe (and beer, and whiskey)

Sounds like you got wasted and made an ass of yourself. Happens to everyone now and then, absinthe or no. Remember, alcohol (in absinthe as well as beer and whiskey) reduces inhibitions. Alcohol does not "induce" behavior, it gives a convenient excuse for it.

Your reference to an "absinthe-induced 'freak-out'" reminds me of the "absinthe murders." Get plastered, blame your behavior on absinthe because it was one of the several things you drank and is a convenient scapegoat . . . after all, it's supposed to make people crazy, right?

. . . or maybe you just got shitfaced and said/did what you really wanted to but wouldn't while sober?
Greenmeanie
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

DAMN MEAT,

She's a CUTIE!!

And you guys sound good, too!
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah there was something definitely wrong with my bottle of serpis. It tasted strange, and I couldn't put my finger on exactly what tasted so funky. There was this bitter, soapy, charred pine-needle taste that lingered on my palate. Not good.
I don't want to relive my "freak-out", but basically I lost my temper while really drunk on absinthe (and beer, and whiskey), said things I didn't mean, and had to apologize to a lot of people the next day. I haven't been drunk around them since, and that has been at least 4 months ago.
I play music full time now, so I get to drink plenty anyway (moderately though, I keep my binges few and far between). My band's site is www.nikibarr.com
Thats keeping me real busy. If any forumites are ever around the Maryland, DC, VA area and need something to do, we appreciate all the audience we can get.
Damndj
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I actually quite like Serpis. So much in fact that it's currently my favorite! Granted, I've had very limited exposure to different brands of absinthe, but out of it, Deva 70, NS 70, and Mari Mayans, I like Serpis best.

I did get a bottle of La Fée yesterday and was able to sample it tonight. YUM! I will taste it again later in the week, but it just might replace Serpis as my favorite. :) And it only took 4 days to arrive to me! I do have to agree with the review here at La Fée Verte.. It definitely has guzzle factor. heh

I've ordered economy mail twice and both times it has taken exactly 2 weeks to arrive. The times I've ordered Airmail, it's usually 4-7 days. I believe an order arrived today (7 days from shipping date) but I had one of those slips in my mailbox stating the package was too big and is at the apartmentís office. I'll find out tomorrow. It's a bottle of Kubler and F.Guy.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Absinthe-induced freak out"?

By the way, I had a bottle of Serpis that tasted horrible. It was sent economy mail (SLLOOOWWW) during June (well, May, June, and July).

After two months in the cabinet, it tastes normal.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Meat!!

Welcome back! Hope you are doing better.
Meat_Nipples
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I know this is probably old boring news to the forum, but pernod (the pastis) has a different label than the one I remember from a year ago and if my senses serve me right it even tastes better. Not nearly as sweet and it even hints at some other herbal constituents. It's not bad and only set me back $21 at the local liquor store. I think I like it as much as I do the spanish brands. Then again, I haven't drank any real absinthe in a while. I had an absinthe-induced freak out 4-5 months ago and had to cut back on my drinking. That damn serpis 65 tasted so bad I tried to kill the entire bottle in two nights and, well, things got ugly.
Its been a while since I posted here. Its nice to see the same folks still hanging around.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page