Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

C*ckS*cker Blues

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » FILM FORUM » C*ckS*cker Blues « Previous Next »

Barsnake
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks all for the info - good work, Shayne - I'll go find a copy...sometimes one over looks the obvious.
I have a copy of the song...just never got to see the flic...was reminded by the Frank reference.
Wotta great place, this forum.
Pataphysician
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, over the opening credits.
Shayne
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is it played in the flick?
Pataphysician
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 7:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

A postscript:

The title song was recorded in 1969 when the Stones were trying to get out of their record contract with Decca (?). The Stones thought they had fulfilled the deal by handing in the X number of required albums. But Decca insisted they owed them one more single. So, out of spite, the Stones turned in C.S. BLUES, knowing that no record company could ever release it to the public. Even by today's standards it's unreleasable. It's a very well made acoustic blues with Jagger, in the first person, telling his story as farmboy hustling in the big city, with subplots about beastiality and sexual molestation by the police.
Shayne
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just bought a copy off E-bay for $11.50 s&h included.
Shayne
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just found 5 copies of it on E-Bay from $5. to $50. even one in PAL.
Pataphysician
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

BTW, the title comes from an actual Rolling Stones song which you will never, ever hear on a commercial Stones album:

"Well, I'm a lonely boy in your town,
I'm a lo-oh-oh-nely boy in your town,
Where can I get my cock sucked?
Where can I get my ass fucked?"
Pataphysician
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, the 1972 U.S. Tour (their best). Some great concert footage. The problem was the graphic offstage fucking and snorting. Keith Richards said: "Everybody gets libeled". I don't have it myself, but it's not that hard to find. There are lots of bootleg copies out there. Again, check your local record conventions. The Stones decided to put out LADIES AND GENTLEMAN: THE ROLLING STONES instead, which is a straightforward "filmed concert" from the same tour.
Barsnake
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Saw Robert Frank mentioned somewhere lately -
Anybody ever see Cocksucker Blues - a documentary treatment of a Rolling Stones tour that apparently the Stones backed out on?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page