Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Movies So Bad They're Good....

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » FILM FORUM » Movies So Bad They're Good.... « Previous Next »

Pataphysician
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I love love love Elvis movies.
Pokerface11
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have a particular affection for sword and sandal films, especially the dubbed Italian ones they used to show on TV when I was a kid. They're the worst, but I loved them. Not sure I would today, however.
Bellypock
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I saw MST's version as well. Even they didn't quite know what to do with it. The 'goat man' ended up being a recurring character, IIRC. You're right, its badness defies description.

Eric
Shayne
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

VERY BAD THINGS...the ending says it all, I've been in that wheelchair!
Pataphysician
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

There is a MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER version of it, but I saw it unadulterated, which is what I would recommend. I mean, I love MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER but MANOS is untouchable, it stands alone, it requires no comment. I was going to list some of it's unique features here, but I can't find the words to...convey...it's...um...badness.
Bellypock
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 7:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pata,

At last, someone else who has seen MANOS. To those that haven't, there is literally 10 minutes at the beginning where you see nothing but the countryside going by. No voice over, no credits, NOTHING. It is truly horrible.

Eric
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 2:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lesbian Bitch Queens are HOT.
Bob_Chong
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What's nice about S&G is that it was filmed in truly epic style, cheaply, I might add. But the best part is that AMC inexplicably tends to show it (in it's full letterboxed glory) during the holidays. Y'know--fun for the whole family!
Anatomist
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm generally not into the 'so bad it's good' irony thing. However, I did get a related kick out of THE TWO MRS. CARROLLS, with Bogart and Stanwyck. It's bad, but it's good.
Admin
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chong, you are so right on. That is one of my favorite biblical films. I would like to add KISMET to that list. Awful and delightful ...
Bob_Chong
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sodom and Gomorrah.

My favorite bad movie.
Pataphysician
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

MANOS: HANDS OF FATE is so bad it's bad. Worse than PLAN NINE FROM OUTER SPACE. You think it's gonna be so bad it's good, but it's just bad. Bad. Very bad. "Bad" is too good a word for it.
Marccampbell
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

RIKI-OH is the very definition of over-the-top. What a wild and wacky flick.

My list would include:

Pia Zadora in THE LONELY WOMAN and BUTTERFLY
ROBOT MONSTER
GLEN OR GLENDA
SHOWGIRLS (which I consider a masterpiece)
Joalco
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We all have favorites in this category, as well. You know they're bad, but you just gotta love them. Here are a few of my current favorite bad movies:

Zoltan, Hound of Dracula
Riki-Oh - The Story of Ricky
Black Belt Jones
Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page