Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through September 16, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Wolvie? » Archive through September 16, 2002 « Previous Next »

Traineraz
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

. . . and their shipments are by courier. My order was stolen before it got to Tucson; once this was confirmed, Ian sent another bottle, which arrived within 2 or 3 days.

Note: The courier WILL leave poor little Emile sitting unattended on your doorstep, so it'd probably be best to have it delivered to work, or someplace where someone can receive it.
Giovannigray
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Same here. Nothing but a pleasant experience dealing with absintheonline.com. I've ordered twice from them. Each shipment got to me in two or three days from their receipt of my payment.
Zman7
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

abisntheonline.com, is VERY reliable. Un Emile 68 (what they sell)is also very reliable. Fastest shipping for absinthe I have ever seen.
Baz
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is absinthe online ok to deal with? I ordered a huge shipment from SC six months ago, and I'm starting to run low. Thought I would give them a go, if they will deliver. I'm especially careful now, as I was unable to find a stamp, which caused me to delay my order, which caused me to need the money that I was going to send to wolvie to make a bill payment. So a stamp kept me from losing my money!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Whatever, the money is gone, unfortunately, for those of us who got into this in the 2nd or 3rd wave of orders.
Live and learn, sometimes ya burn.
Tavarua
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shit. Alright, the post below was a response to the other thread, "Glass Question." I miss my old job, where I could leasurely mess around on the net all day. Now I have to write everything in Word, Cut, flip on the forum, paste, and hope I put it on the right thread, as fast as I can. It's like taking a pit stop and I'm not even driving. Just makes no sense.
Tavarua
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Agreed. I have no regrets about the purchase. I spoke with the dealer and he said the glass was not really cleaned up for the picture. I look forward to getting in hand and seeing what it looks like after polishing it up a little. Then filling it up and getting blitzed out of my mind. Then start all over again.
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Never had any problem myself with paypal. For sure it`s very usefull, fast and effective. The problem is usually not with paypal but with assholes trying to cheat you from the other side of the globe.
Tavarua
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

A lot of people are bagging on Paypal, but I have to stick up for them. A while back, there was a misunderstanding with a seller regarding an item that I thought I had won. I sent my money through Paypal. Anyway, as it turned out, someone else had actually won the auction. Even though I explained the situation to the seller, he would not return my money, claiming that I was trying to burn the other seller, which was obviously not the case. He saw this as an opportunity to keep my money. I went to Ebay with the issue and they would not even lift a finger to help me, claiming that it was not an Ebay auction, because I did not use their own automated payment system. It was complete horseshit. It was an Ebay auction and I had proof that this guy was trying to snake me. I went to Paypal with my complaint. They updated me every couple of days and a little after a week of my claim, my money was returned. I was VERY happy with they way they handled it. Ebay? Fuck them, bunch of assholes who only bat an eye if a seller complains. They could give two shits about the buyers.

As a side note, this seller had a rating of 300+. My point being, even “reputable” sellers can cheat you if they think they can get away with it. Be careful, cause Ebay won’t help.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I guess we can equate it to gambling. In that you don't go with more than you can afford to loose.

FWIW, my money goes to Markus, SC or PhiL. If some one else appears they are going to have to PROVE themselves first.

If Jade ever makes an appearance {cough, choke, hack} I'm gonna be seriously hard pressed to jump right on that band wagon.
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.paypalsucks.com/ << actual site.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It may show at some point, or not... I hope it does.

There is no hope of dispute. Your credit card company will say 'you bought this when???'

Then the rep will hit mute and laugh, point your account out to her team, and they too will laugh.

Fact is, dispute would be bullshit by my lights (and yes, I lost my money too.) See, I knew this was a possiblity when I ordered.

That should be on my ass, not my credit card company.
_Blackjack
Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't think they are outright thieves, inasmuch as they DID deliver for some people. If they had just wanted to scam people, they might have filled 2-3 orders as bait and then skipped out on the rest. As it happened, they filled several dozen orders before going south.

I think they were just in way over their heads and weren't able to live up to their promises. That is no excuse for not refunding the money of those who did not recieve their orders, but it may well be that the money no longer exists, that it was sucked up by incidental costs and that there is no way for them to make the refunds and still eat.

And, considering the level of hostility they have provoked, you can hardly blame them for hiding. I'm not excusing it, mind you. It's an Enronesque tactic.

I, for one, would never spend more on a grey-market transaction than I was willing to lose.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Who knows, maybe he got busted and as part of the deal he has to refrain from any independent business (read: internet) activities. Maybe he was in a horrific accident and is a parapalygic.

From what I was told-
Nope, and nope.
I'm out big $$, the small print on PayPal says it's gotta be disputed within 30 days. It's been 6 months for one of my orders. Andy says it's still coming at some point, but he's said that like 3 times before.
Tavarua
Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks. Looks like we got beat, for now.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I remember that post back when. Seemed like a big hassel. Even though it's ONLY $150, I'm gonna chalk it up as the price of doing business and learning.

Remember, this could happen with anyone of the vendors that we do business with.

Playing devil's advocate here, and I am NOT excusing it BTW! Maybe something catastophic did happen. Who knows, maybe he got busted and as part of the deal he has to refrain from any independent business (read: internet) activities. Maybe he was in a horrific accident and is a parapalygic. Who knows. I'm just throwing things out here, trying to make sense of it myself I guess.

Wish we could get SOME kind of an answer, though.

Taking legal action? Dunno. Is there some kind of $$ threshhold before the German authorities will take action? (Markus, any input? (Markus, I am NOT implying anything negative about you here!!)) And who would you go to. Could you do it over the phone or would you have to go there in person? If you had to go to file then the cost would probably not be worth it. Unless you did it around a vacation.

Hey, just my 2 cents worth of ramblings!
Crowlyman
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I remember Don or Ted had posted something about Paypal and how they are not very consumer friendly concerning money disputes. I don't know if it's still in the archives though, but he spells it out pretty well.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

How long was he actually doing business with us before he went belly up?
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Can't you dispute the charge through your credit card or paypal? Or did he require cashier's checks or something?

How about filing fraud charges?
Jdm
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

it's been months. i still have that bit o' hope that something will show in the mailbox.
the fact is, the guy stole our money. he STOLE thousands of dollars.
i remember a few months ago someone posted his number, if we wanted to 'get in touch' with him. admin. erased that post, said it was 'an invasion'. i think thievery is an invasion, too.
just my thoughts.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

At least he should post and EXPLAIN! Would be the decent thing to do.
Crosby
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thieving rat bastards!
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Personal problems is not an acceptable excuse, if he can't deliver, he should refund.

good luck guys.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yep, kiss yer $$ goodbye it seems, those that ordered. Andy says he is having many personal problems. If true, or an excuse, it doesn't look good at all.
Tavarua
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Howdy boys and girls. Excuse me for sounding ridiculous and dredging up painful memories, but has there been any word from Wolvie or Andy. Anyone receive their order or at least gotten a non-automated response.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page