Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through September 17, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » The fountains are in!! » Archive through September 17, 2002 « Previous Next »

Nolamour
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Howdy Partners,

Now this here's a fountain for ya:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2053439236
Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

MD,

$51.00 !!!!! OUCH. I just looked at it. BOHICA!
Tavarua
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, ok. It seemed like a stretch, but I had to ask.
Mogan_David
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tav,

No, I was just refering to Dr. Evil's habit of putting his pinky to his lips when he's talking about money. It always cracks me up.
Tavarua
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dr. Evil? Are you referring to the one you are bidding against? I only ask because his handle looks very similar to someone that I have had ill dealing’s with on Ebay. Is his email Dr.Evil4XXX_@aol?
Mogan_David
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

A hell of a lot better than $51 each.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2137454394

Damn I may sell the four glasses I don't need after all. I've got that Doctor Evil thing working again.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damn! That's pretty good. Those reservoir glasses are looking better and better, too.

Thanks MD!
Mogan_David
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nice Art responded to my inquiry.
I'll have to reply and ask for directions on entering my credit card. They got back pretty quick that says a lot for customer service.

It looks like shipping for the glasses is 25.73 euros. Not bad.

Quote:

You can order on line the glass typ C to USA and the cost is 100,98 € because you don't pay the "TVA".
If You want order the glass, go to the website, click on the basket on the right and you arrive on caddie page. You change the country of livraison and you click on the button "recalculer". After you click on "commander par carte bancaire" and you continue your order.

If you don't understand my explication, send me a mail and I try to be best.

Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 2:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Nolamour.

BTW, you speak French? I know barely enough to get me in deep trouble and that is what is keeping me from ordering. You got more frome the ordering page than I did.
Shiloh
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"I just found this site.....http://www.b-and-t-world-seeds.com"

This is a great site. I have ordered from them in the past and was pleased.
Nolamour
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I emailed them (Nice-Art) a while back and they said they would ship to the US. I just couldn't understand the checkout or "caddie" process as they go through a French bank to check all credit cards...or it was just too confusing at the time. The cost plus shipping is 131.74. but I never did do the transaction.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shipping costs... That's what I'm afraid of.

Lemme know if they respond to your e-mail.
Mogan_David
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

So I guess you found out that nice art will NOT ship outside Europe? Is that for booze only or everything?

It only says that in regards to the Genepi etc. As far as the Versinthe and accessories are concerned there is no note that says they won't ship outside Europe.

Speaking of whoring, I was considering buying the reservoir glasses, keeping two and hawking the other four on ebay. At $20 bucks each I could make my money back and the two would be basically free. That is unless I get raped by the shipping cost, which is pretty likely.

MD
Greenmeanie
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

MD,

So I guess you found out that nice art will NOT ship outside Europe? Is that for booze only or everything?

After the plants grow you can start whoring them through Bettina..... :)
Mogan_David
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just found this site.

These guys will sell a packet of Genipi seeds for 14 euros or 1 gram for 64.

I just placed an order with them. I expect it's a waste of 14 bucks, because even if they ship the seeds I doubt I could grow them here. But WTF, it's worth a try.

http://www.b-and-t-world-seeds.com

Here's the name, catalog number and price codes:
Artemisia genipi 400129 1p14 1g64
Mogan_David
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know a whole lot about Genepi, except that it's scientific name is Artemisia Spicata, AKA Spiked Wormwood.

The fact that Genepi was an ingredient in some absinthe recipes makes it interesting to me.

The herb is protected and unbelievably expensive. From the looks of the picture on the web page, it doesn't look like you get much from an individual plant and you can only harvest once a year with a special license from the government.

Anyway, when I saw that Nice Art had it for sale I had to check it out. To bad they won't ship outside Europe. My Mother-in-law is going to France early next year. I think I'll ask her to bring me back a special present.

MD
Greenmeanie
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

MD,

Please let me know if you get a response.

Whass Genepi? I took a look and it seems interesting.

Another plus to Markus: He packs really well and he guarantees against breakage. I've really got this BIG thing about packing and I wonder how Nice Art is.

Broken + no guarantee = PIA!!
Mogan_David
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I guess I'm just going to have to send them an email in Google French.

It does look encouraging since it says on the site that they ship DHL worldwide. Also if you look at their Genepi Liquor it states that they won't ship it outside of Europe. This is the typical "good news, bad news" situation since I wanted to order a bottle. It doesn't state this with the Versinthe products, so my guess is that they will ship it. $65 euros for the small fountain is hard to beat.

I know what you mean about dealing with Marcus. I'd rather deal with him too, but when it comes down to money, I'm really just a fickle whore.

MD

BTW, Like Greenie, my apologies to all the Krauts, Frogs, and Fickle Whores out there.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Sunday, September 15, 2002 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

MD,

{next morning}

Looked at the site w/the translator. You're right about the ordering page not coming up. I'm still unsure about them shipping to the US. They do have some nice stuff (non absinthe related). And those resevoir glasses are sweet.

I'm gonna fiddle w/it a bit more and see what I can come up with. That translator is so literal that after a while I wind up w/a massive headache!

I know this site IS cheap on the fountain, I am still favoring Markus. Who knows, maybe Markus is dealing with a Frog wholesaler that knows Markus is a Kraut and he's jacking the price to Markus :)!

BTW, to the easily offended: I am NOT predjudice,
I hate everyone EQUALLY!!
Greenmeanie
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

MD,

Thanks! I'm gonna give it a look.

Sorry but I guess I got a case of the lazy ass. Next time I'll do the Google thing for myself. Never used it before.

I looked at the site in French and yes, the US is for $. With my VEEERRRYYY limited French, I'd be afraid to order w/o a good translation of everything. Next thing you know my fountain is being hand carried off the Concorde personally by Mitterand and my credit card is having a core-breach!

This outfit looks interesting but I'd like to know more. I will say I am partial to Markus for numerous reasons. Even if he is a little bit higher $. If you make any headway with the shopping basket, please let me know.
Mogan_David
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Greenie,

They have some very nice stuff, I'd really like to get some of those reservoir glasses.

Unfortunately I can't make the checkout basket work with the google translator. It has a selection for US, but I think it means currency.

Anyway, here's their page in english.
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nice-art.com&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&prev=%2Flanguage_tools
Greenmeanie
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

MD,

Please let us know.
Mogan_David
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Herb,

Nice fountain, and the prices are pretty good. Will they ship to the US? I'm going to have to run this site through the google translator.

BTW, could that fountain look any more French?
Herb
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

FWIW, www.nice-art.com has the versinthe fountains for 65 and 95 euros. I don't know about service or shipping, though.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Saturday, September 14, 2002 - 7:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sign me up. They look GREAT!

http://www.lafeeverte.de/international/fontaine.htm

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page