Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through September 24, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Who's drunk ? » Archive through September 24, 2002 « Previous Next »

Nolamour
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Very Cool...I've yet to meet a rubber donned opera buff at the Auditorium here.

I guess I kind of fell into the world of Opera as my mother is a mezzo-soprano and she teaches voice here at a local university. She has performed in many Operas to hit New Orleans since the 60's...She was Suzuki in Madame Butterfly, to name one.

Agreed: The bella is great. I think Nessun Dorma, from Turandot, is one of my favorites, although it must be sung very well or it can be botched easily. I'm spoiled.
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That is a very choice line up! I am seeing Salome next week too. Haven't seen it since 1996. I designed it long ago, when that was what I did.
Rigoletto is the most perfect opera ever. The bella figlia dell' amore is one of the most beautiful things ever written, never tire of hearing it. Love Tosca too and also just saw Madama Butterfly last week. Dont usually like Butterfly, but this time it really moved me. I saw Dead Man Walking last week also, the opera based on the famous book and film.

what can I say? I am an unabashed opera glutten, an unapologetic opera slut. I have a fetish for tenors and my life is ruled by the opera season. I travel all over to see it and meet those who do it. I keep my underpaid job just to work in it and learn more. For hours I can sit in the opera house fascinated, mesmerized, entranced, listening. I do have an opera fetish. Last year I attend an opening night party in a rubber fetish gown, as one of my friends was in the cast. I made all kinds of new friends. so opera and rubber underwear do mix.

Wolfgang: have you ever heard of the Modern Baroque Opera Company in Canada?
Nolamour
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, we have about 4 different topics, but:

This season we have Tosca, Solome, Don Giovanni, and Rigoletto. The first being Tosca, next month.

The New Orleans set designer is David Morlock - Fantastic! He's been doing it for years and last year for Turandot he had an old boat floating (suspended) above the stage in a backdrop of clouds with the father (old man) singing from the boat...it was awesome!
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, that will end up with the monkeys but who cares...

I saw a very nice Butterfly last weekend. Our new opera director in Montreal rocks (the last one was a moron IMO ). I think our (very) little season will be nice.

Now how could we stretch this conversation toward sexy rubber underwear and castra fetish ?
Tortainglese
Posted on Sunday, September 22, 2002 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Max jumps on top of the doors too. I've never seen another cat do this. Rudi is not a jumper but can do an amazing spiral twist in the air.
Artist
Posted on Sunday, September 22, 2002 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you, Tortainglese...

(CG, the cat on the lower level is just as happy jumping onto the top of the bathroom door to play catch...)
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I should think the rubber would be a little too steamy for comfort after an evening at the opera, unless your circulation is poor and your extremities tend to get cold.

I'm assuming, of course, that you wore something over all this.
Tortainglese
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Artist: Egon Schiele, good choice!
Tortainglese
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Once again I am just back from the opera. I wore the rubber panties and matching rubber bra and long black rubber gloves...I get very steamy when the tenor sings. Hey, wait..shouldnt we be in the monkey hole? Sorry!

My cats are jealous of that indoor cat tree.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

So, how about those rubber panties?
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Small amounts of opiates (disclaimer: only as legitimately prescribed for genuine medical conditions, of course), if taken with alcohol, do have the nice effect of making you all warm and cuddly - not bad as a sex enhancer. Large amounts just produce apathy, and any sizeable amount (with alcohol in any quantity) will produce pain and terror. But that's just me.

Burroughs says there's a natural antagonism between junk and alcohol -- you can be addicted to one or the other, but rarely both at the same time. I seem to recall opiates actually being prescribed at one time to help people kick the alcohol habit -- but I may be confusing them with cocaine, which I know had that therapeutic use.

Don't know that absinthe would have much of a different effect than any other alcohol, except you'd probably be a little more awake than otherwise.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Living in a cat house! Way Cool!!
Artist
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 12:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Are we getting catty here?

"my family"
Tortainglese
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

my last lover was kind of impotent. But I didnt care because he had such a glorious voice. I can forgive anything if you sound really really good.
Tortainglese
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just got home from the opera. Came home to discover no cat food. The cats are in a tizzy! I wish I was drunk, then I wouldnt be so cranky.
Sorry, this is a dull post...ok, do you hear about my rubber panties?
Artist
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Weeelllll, I've always thought of myself as very impotant...

a.
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There was a thread titled "Darvon + Absinthe = permanent impotence".
Artist
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

PV,

My headache is just fine, thank you. (Actually, I don't have one...woohoo!!!)

Maybe I don't have one because I spent the afternoon at the dentist yesterday and I got an RX for Darvon and popped one in the evening for the pain (seemed to mix rather well with the absinthe)...

Any past threads (now that there is no archive to look into) that touch on the subject of pain/pain meds and absinthe vs other liquor?

a.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Some of us gotta work in the morning, Artist.

How's your headache today?
Artist
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 2:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Where's the rest of you fucking pussys? I'm on glass number four - or five or ???...(alternating between Segarra and Un Emile 68...)

Come on!!!

artist (drunk as a skunk!!!)
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did you try a "les cuilleres" kind of spoon (frenchman sells a repro) ?
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hell, oddly enough, I have a hand blown glass that I bought from a proletarian glass maker and it's so big that none of my spoons fit on it correctly.

Although, it is not as immense as the one on the profile...Now that's a good time!
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

HO yea! get a big glass like the one in your profile !
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can't freakin sleep...Might as well!
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey! come on! let's do like in the old days ! Let's make an online party !

...and don't tell me I'm the only one getting another glass tonight !

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page