Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Well, well, well ... guess what's le...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Well, well, well ... guess what's legal in Chile? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 30, 2002Chevalier25 9-30-02  9:48 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Admin
Posted on Wednesday, October 2, 2002 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry for my tardiness ... but my computer was down for a couple days.

I must re-iterate that we cannot allow distillation discussions on this board. Some of you might be located in other countries, but myself and the website are not.

We're in a fishbowl and the kitty is hungry.
Mikeshaw
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh don't worry, they're watching. You have their attention allright.
Tavarua
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And may god have mercy on it's soul.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Herb:

I was going by the spirit of the law, not the letter. I missed the "dist...." that you have just posted, you drawing "unwanted attention to the forum overall."

Yes, we should close this thread.
Herb
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

So exactly what part of "the Sepulchritude Forums cannot allow the discussion of home made absinthe, distillation of spirits, home distillation" don't you understand? If you read the announcement, the idea is to steer clear of topics that might draw unwanted attention to the forum overall. Observing a perfectly clear request from your hostess, who otherwise will have to clean up after you, is not self-censorship, it's common courtesy.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wofgang, Trainer, I think there is a misundertanding here.

Kallisti does not want any mention of any illegal activity in her Forum. And she is very right in that.

But what Chev is talking about is about legal absinthe making in the countries where it is legal.

If we were to ban that, we would have to ban Artemis' excellent translations of distilling manuals of the time when absinthe was legal in France.

For example, if Hill's were to post their distilling techniques, should we ban them?

Of course, and also send a cruise missile with a nuclear warhead aimed at their distillery, but only on account of good taste!

There is a saying in Spanish: "To be more popist than the Pope". If Kallisti dislikes something, she's quite quickly to respond.

Self censorship is the worst kind of censorship.
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Um ... ok, Traineraz-poo.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chevy-poo . . .

A posting about making it in Chile is still being posted on a server in the U.S. Therein lies the potential issue. Also, Kallisti did tell us that at least one US citizen posting on the forbidden subject was harassed to some degree by the law.

Perhaps it would be best if you set up a separate website/forum based in Chile? The software isn't that expensive ($150 American, I believe it is, or there's a freeware cheapie version without all the bells and whistles), and most ISPs give you some free website space.

I'm sure Kallisti wouldn't mind your occasionally mentioning to people that there are wonderful discussions on distillation procedures at www.chevy-poo.com!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page