Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

How can I translate lafeeverte.de???

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » How can I translate lafeeverte.de??? « Previous Next »

Mclion
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shit .asp and sid! it seems a bit more complicated with two different shops on one site. In this case, just use the navigation bar on the left..

Markus
Mclion
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ahh, I missed these two links... ok, it should work now!

Markus
Nolamour
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus,
The site looks great and it's easy to maneuver.

Just a heads up: The new fountain link works fine, although, the "details" link on the list or Shop page for the fountains is coming up: Die Seite wurde nicht gefunden.
Mclion
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ok boys and girls: I've updated the page and hope it's more obvios now where to go to find the appropriate information.

Markus
Alisoviejoguy
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I spoke with SC about my missing bottles, and I was told they are going to be shipped off again.

Wow, almost 8 months later they were still willing to do that. I'm impressed.

I'll post once they show up of course, but I wanted to retract my comment on SC here. I can see why they have such a great reputation.
Mogan_David
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dr. O

If you would like, I could email the PDF file to you. Just send an email to the address in my profile.

Here are the startling facts of the article.

Swiss 'La Bleue'-- 25 mg/l Thujone 956 mg/l Anethole
Vintage Pernod Fils circa 1900 -- 6 mg/l Thujone and 1400 mg/l Anethole
Emile Pernot 45% -- 8 mg/l Thujone and 1053 mg/l Anethole
Un Emile 68% -- 10 mg/l Thujone and 792 mg/l Anethole

Also interesting to me was the this information:
Current research by Hold et al points to it being a GABA modulator. Thujone's GABA modulating activity explains it's convulsant effects at high doses, and how smaller doses may produce a stimulant action."
(Information found on a government web site says that anethole is an anti-convulsant. Isn't it interesting how the herbs work in synergy to enhance the pleasant effects and sublimate the negative ones)

"In 1975 Kaul et al found that dilute oil of wormwood did inhibit the growth of 4 out of 7 types of bacteria."

"Wormwood is Hepatoprotective. Gilani and Jabanz found that an extract of Artemisia absinthium protected against acetaminophen and carbon tetrachloride induced hepatotoxcicity in mice"
(This is amazing to me. The wormwood actually helps counter the negative effects of alcohol while the anise and fennel counter the negative effects of the wormwood. I must say that your namesake was certainly a genius)

All in all it's more new information about our favorite drink then I've seen in one place in a long time. Keep trying to get a copy it's worth the effort.

MD
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I still cant dowload the damn article. I have Windows XP and Acrobat.

Yet, it would only download half of it and it stops.

Is it a conspiracy???

Alors,

Dr O
Alisoviejoguy
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Blacjack, thank you for the great reply there.

I stopped coming to this forum for a while now because it seemed most people wouldn't give much help, just say stuff like, "That absinthe SUCKS! you SUCK!!! StFU!".

Yes, SC is great, I like their customer service. I was a bit fishy about the resend, that's all. This was the 2n'd time they claimed they have sent the bottles off, and nothing.

I shot them an e-mail again earlier today about this, just to see what they say.

Ok, Versinthe was ok. I still like the spanish brands more then the french though, just my taste. Wish the spanish bottles had corks though, the plastic cap doesn't help to show off the bottle much on most of the spanish brands. ; )

Im going to read that article you shot me the link to now. Thanks again!
_Blackjack
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, there isn't a whole lot to support the idea that thujone alone has much to do with any "feeling" you may get from absinthe, and thujone is difficult enough to test for that any number a manufacturer gives you is likely to be total bunk. Just to give you an idea, the testing done for the article at http://www.absintheonline.com/Myth,%20reality%20and%20absinthe.pdf found that 100-year-old Pernod Fils had LESS thujone than several modern brands. This test may not be accurate, but it certainly calls into question any OTHER tests as well.

As for the quality of the three "thujon bomb" constituents, well, Ulex has gotten consistantly poor reviews, I've heard nothing positive about Mata Hari, and the few recent reviews of Versinthe Blanche have not found it to be extrodinary. Of them, the Versinthe is the only one I'd bother trying, and not for the thujone, but because I like the company's other products, but the impression I get is that if you didn't like Versinthe, you won't like Versinthe Blanche. Search the forum archives for more info on the brands.

As for Francois Guy, if you read the forum regularly, you'd see that it is generally regarded as one of the better retail brands. And don't worry, I'm sure it has plenty of thujone. Its makers just don't feel obliged totalk about something that is basically irrelevant to the quality of the absinthe.

As for Spirits Corner, I am pretty sure they haven't scammed you. If they said they sent something, they did. It is possible that there was a misunderstanding, tho, so if you are not yet satisfied, you should continue to talk to them about it. I suspect they will go the extra mile to rectify the situation.
Alisoviejoguy
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Also, does www.lafeeverte.de ship to the US ok?

I now wolfie had problems, but he is in canada.

Never had problems with SC, but im curious if lafeeverte.de does ship to the us.
Alisoviejoguy
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes I have asked, and they were quite nice about it every time I must say.

I just give up at this point. I find it odd that with another order I had made, the order all came through ok, but the missing bottles from the last didn't, after I was told they were sent with the new order.

I dig the thujon in deva, n.s, and serpis myself. I do feel it a bit. Are you saying all of these brands offered in 'the bomb' are total tripe?

Never heard of F. Guy, but I'll try one on your reccomendation. I prefer absinthe which contains thujon myself though. Versinthe, oxygenne (sp?) I didn't care much for either one. I like the taste of the spanish brands, and they tend to actually have some thujon in them too.

Also, thanks for the international order section! I totally missed it. :)
_Blackjack
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

UM, SC doesn't BS. If you didn't receive your re-ship, I am quite sure they will give you a refund. Have you ASKED?
_Blackjack
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

At the main screen, click on "Shop", then click on "International Customer" in the left-hand column.

But why the hell would you want the "thujon bomb"? Go with the F. Guy if you want absinthe. Suck on a block of cedar if you want thujone.
Alisoviejoguy
Posted on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, i was curious to see how much the Thujon Bomb was to be shipped to Colorado.

Does lafeeverte.de do internationl orders? It looks to be in German, am I correct?

SC has gypped me out of a bottle of Deva and Serpis back in feburary. I made another order with them even, and requested that both bottles be re-sent, but still no go. I always get the same, "we did it" line, but it's obvious BS.

Too bad too, I liked doing business with them.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page