Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through September 10, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Fountains » Archive through September 10, 2002 « Previous Next »

Crowlyman
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Green,

Well, we don't know the sex yet but should know in the next few weeks. If it's a girl I am leaning towards naming her Amelie but I can't figure out a good middle name to match. Madchen is another possibility again with no middle to match. (any GOOD ab related names I could use?)My wife like the name Ava, Karina, or Lily. We can't seem to connect any of those names together to make a good flowing name.
A boy will probably be named Jack. And as par for the course, no middle! LOL
And the due date is towards the end of January.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus,
You hit it right on the head. Until I started on this forum last year, I had not written a lick of German in YEARS!

Now, stop wasting time by posting and get those fountains out! BASTARD :)
Mclion
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Isn't it funny, but as you like to practice some German - I like to practice some English. A good friend of mine from the UK once told me, that speaking another language is the easiest way to switch to a different way of thinking. Guess he was quite right, because sentences are formed different and some details can be understand in a different way.

Markus
Greenmeanie
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crowly,

Nope, never been there but I'm sure it's picturesque.

Congrats on the baby! Boy or girl and when is he/she due? Are you considering an absinthe related middle name ;).

Me, no wife. Just a live in (for NINE years!). No kids but a bird and a cat. I was lucky and traveled heavily w/my parents growing up. Also I worked for a short wile for Lufthansa Airlines in NY. Gotta love those travel bennies!
Greenmeanie
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Schriben ist mir auch schwer. Lesen ist besser u. schprechen gehts am besten. Lesen hilft mir bei die Deutche Absinthe pages!

Umlaute sind kein problem. Wenn Du bestimmt eine umlaut haben MUSS dann gebrauch (z.b.) "oe". Mein familien name auf Deutch hat ein "o" mit ein umlaut, hier gebrauchen wir das "oe"! Auch mit dem "B" ist dann "ss"! Es gibt umwege!
Mclion
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Chevalier,
you're right - but you can be sure, that they are going to be packed as save as possible.

Markus
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can tell everybody from my own unfortunate experience that the Francois Guy fountains are made of VERY THIN glass. Markus, your fountain isn't Francois Guy's, but it looks similar. Did you use thicker glass? Please say yes! If not, then be sure to pack it very, very well. Trust me on this.
Bellypock
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Mogan_David wrote:

Leider beim schriben gibt es grosse schwirichkeiten.

Haben den meisten Leuten keinen umlaute schreiben, und kann dich es verstehen ohne den umlaute?

Eric
Mogan_David
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 6:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Gut zu sehen dass hier gibts einander Ami der Deutsch kann

Es gibt einege leute heir das deutch konnen.

Leider beim schriben gibt es grosse schwirichkeiten.

MD
Giovannigray
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm in.
Mclion
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

:-)))) I thought, this would be appreciated by my international friends! Yes, I do send them, but I havn't received them yet (will get the first batch this week). First I have to find out about the weight and then I can calculate a price - you saw the price I did for the german customers - this may give you an image how much it is without shipping. Just have a look at the site - it's going to be updated as soo as I have calculated the price.

Markus
Crowlyman
Posted on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Green,

Have you been to Idar-Oberstein? And I can't simply afford to go to these places all willy-nilly. I have a baby on the way and all accessories to match. (house 2cars wife...)
Bellypock
Posted on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Meanie,

My parents aren't German, I just studied it in school for a number of years. I get very little opportunity to practice, though, and am quite rusty. As to the characters, I just use the character map and copy and paste when appropriate. I've thought about assigning them to a custom keymap, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Eric
Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus,

I know I emailed you this question earlier. It may be good to re-post here,as well as a response from you, for all interested.

I looked up the fountains (and glasses) and I noiced that they are only available on your German order form. Will you be able to ship these to the USA and other countries (wrap 'em GOOD!)? If so, will you be modifying your international order form? Thanks!!
Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Crowly,
Why not?? Airfair isn't that abysmal. Rooms are cheap if you look. Well worth going back. I've been a few times. LOVE IT!!
Crowlyman
Posted on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I once upon a time lived in Idar-Oberstein Germany. I don't know the language though.
We lived in the town because the army base in Baumholder(sp?) was packed. I lived in a 4 story house that was overlooked by the church-in-the-rocks and the castle on top of the cliff. Absolutely breathtaking. My bedroom was the entire 4th story. I was only 16 and didn't appreciate what I looked at every night! Oh! the beast of youth! I truly want to go back there, but know I may never get to do so.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Belly,
Nicht schlecht!! Gut zu sehen dass hier gibts einander Ami der Deutsch kann! Deine eltern Deutscher? Wo hast du Deutsche buchstaben/schrift fur dien computer bekommen?
Crowlyman
Posted on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus, was it my suggestion via email that gives you this great idea?
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

my picture

Congratulations, Markus! Looks like sturdier glass than Francois Guy's. About $100, yes?
Bellypock
Posted on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sehr schön, Markus. Eine Frage: Hat die größer zwei, oder nur einmal Wasserhahnen?

Eric

Entschuldingen Sie mir, meine schreckliche Grammatik. Hoffentlich, du kannst mir verstehen.
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think I know what your surprise is ... does it involve a guy named Guy, a drip, and a lot of glass?
Mclion
Posted on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Be sure to have a look at my site tomorrow evening - maybe you're going to find something interesting.

Markus
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Looks nice. I don't like metal things for serving absinthe, though, because you can't really leave water in them.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am a Home Despot. Ask my roommate.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Worth a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2137758694

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page