Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through September 27, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Who's drunk ? » Archive through September 27, 2002 « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Now the big question is shall I have a fifth shooter...

...Ok, I`m now the *SHAME* of this community !

Damn sand/whatever power tool downstairs !

Another reason to guy a house or a shotgun ?
Raschied
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

File this one away for the morning after

If you can find it, look for some stuff in the vitamin section of your local store called "Emergen-C." It comes in little packets, and probably says something at the top about an "energy boost." Don't be afraid - it has NO caffeine, ma huang, guarana, ginseng, or any of that other crap. What it does have is a heavy dose of vitamins and colloidal minerals. Pour the powder into water, and drink it.

It tastes pretty good, and I've found that a packet or two on an empty stomach the morning after makes the headache go away quick. It seems to provide what your body needs after a night of partying.
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 6:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

specification.... only 145 Ib..

Pfooooouaaahahahahahaaaa
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 6:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

*giggles*

hhihihhi... I`m fucking drunk...hhihihih

Don`t worry about piano Tortygirl....at worst we`ll fing a kyuboard!!

ok...well...typical giggling... fell free to delete.

Pfoughahahaaaaaa
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 6:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Some people try to reattach their astral body to the boringly terrestrial one but some people, like, for exemple, me, are now trying to escape the physical body...

I work the evening shift. I waited morning vefore going to ''sleep'' so I could see my girlfriend and....well, you know... But at 7 in the morning, when I was about to sleep after she left, they began some damn NOISY work in the downstair appartment...And when I say noisy, I mean it even with ear plugs !

So, well...I have about 5 hours left of possible sleep before going to work so I put on some music to hide the noise (I think they are sanding a floor or something....) Well it was not enough...so ok, let`s take the HUGE methode. I did a powerfull line-up of shooters.... One Suisse La bleu, two Moonman`s and one ''Hausgemachte from a mysterious source'' and well... for the first time in my absintheur life, I downed those 4 powerfull shooters one after the other.

15 minutes later...I can barely type on this keyboard...I'm flowting on air... I`m listening to Sol Invictus. I don`t know if I will sleep but for sure I don`t care anymore about the DAMN NOISE that`s making the wall shake ! (one more reason to buy my own house as soon as possible damn it!).

...Ok, the last shooter is kicking in so I`ll just shut up now and have a glass of water...I hope this will at least provide some entertainement ;-)...Ho boy! Hoooooo boy!

huihihi

Houhahahaha!|

see you un hell!

HAhahahahahahashahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

(ok, now lets try to type user and passsword...
Nascentvirion
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I recently and accidently got drunk on 2 shots of Jeager & some mixed drink off called a Red Death ? I have no clue what the hell was in that drink. Once I left the club and found someone had double parked behind us. Me and another guy moved some poor fools toyota. This story really has nothing to do with what you people were talking about. I saw the word drunk and thought I'd share. Thanks for listening :)
2loucheltrec
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

keep us posted torty... the last nyc bash was fun but too short... though most of that sunday was spent reattatching my astral body to my physical body.
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Typical, Huh Raschied? Everyone always has the day off if I'm hangin over on whatever. Hair of the dog baby! Or should I say hair of the Fairy?

Tort...Get a Casio synthesizer. LOL
Tortainglese
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am happy to host the opera/absinthe bash at my house. If not this year, maybe next. I will see what I can dig up on the entertainment front. Problem is I dont have a piano. at least not yet.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ouch! Getting drunk on brandy, even much nicer brandy than that, pretty much guarantees a big fat hangover.
Raschied
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I got drunk unexpectedly last night on brandy. Not even good brandy - Christian Brothers, I think. I usually plan my binges carefully, but this one was precipitated by 2 longtime close friends that hadn't all been together in the same room for over 10 years. Steve broke out the bottle of brandy, and started doing shots, so I joined in with the group. Big mistake. At least I wasn't bent over the toilet all night like Steve was.

I was stuck at my friend's house 'til 3am, and now I have to go to work. Urgh. Bastards both have the day off.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tort, This absinthe/opera gathering will probably happen in the upcomming years. Me and my girlfriend will plan an opera trip to NewYork as soon as possible (but not this year because we`r trying to buy a house now...).

This could be a simple after-opera gathering of absintheurs or it could be a bigger event with musicians and signers who would be interested in signing something for a glass of fine absinthe.

This is all about connections... (do you think Roberto Alagna et Angela Gheorgiu would like to have a glass of Moonman`s ;-) ?)
Crosby
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Opera certainly makes me want to get drunk. I just got home from 15 hours of doing tech work and the final dress rehearsal for Saint Francois. At over five hours, I'm sure it'll drive a lot of folks to drink.
Absinthespoon, you're right about Ruth Ann! She's always awesome.
Marc
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

nola,

thanks. I'm doin' my best to make the film forum happen. get over there and help me out.

Marc
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tort,

It's a forum within a forum...Go to art and philosophical sundries (click around in there)

Well, the hurricane is brewing here and I'm on the last bottle of Emile.
Marc
Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

tort,

you are fucking drunk. the film forum is right here in sepulchritude land. look around.
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

but we are drunk! why do you think we are up at 3am talking about opera for god's sake. sober folk are in bed now.

hey Marc, where is the film forum? I dont get to the movies much anyway.
Artist
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Isn't this the "who's drunk" thread (*grin*)?

a.
Marc
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

tort,

why aren't you participating in the Film Forum?
I'm disappointed.
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I love hearing them close up, which luckily I get to do. Opera singers are so amazing. Really a strange beautiful gift of nature.

Maybe part of the fascination is the perversion of the human body. It is the same with ballet dancers. They have the same equipment we have but have trained it to do strange and beautiful things that we cannot imagine, so we are in awe.
Nolamour
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Humorous Story...

Mom was doing a lecture at the New Orleans Opera Guild (which gathers mostly old snobbish farts) for Turandot and she asked Brian, the tenor, to sing a couple of the male parts. Nessun Dorma being one of them.

I was asked to video tape the lecture for her and I almost screwed it up laughing. The metal chairs lined up in a small rectangular room. Not a dark hair in the audience (white or blue mostly) - When Brian flawlessly belted out Nessun Dorma about 3 feet from the front row, I thought most of them would pass out. He told me he thought he'd have to perform CPR on the lady in front of him.

An Absinthe-Opera gathering would be unique!
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I love obscure(or not) baroque opera and dance. there has been a revival of this in the last few years so we get to see so much baroque stuff now. NYC Opera is doing Handel's Flavio (1723) this season. I have never seen Guilio Cesare or Serce live, not yet.

Look out for the NY Baroque Dance Company. They restore and stage complete baroque ballets and masques. They do a lot of work with opera companies. It is fascinating and beautiful to behold.

I will see Hansel and Gretel this season too. My friend tells me it is great, that seems hard to believe but no doubt I am just ignorant.

we need to have an absinthe party for opera lovers! I know there are several here in the forum.
Tortainglese
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My favorite Turandot recording is with Ben Heppner. Check it out.
Hmmm...powerful tenor...could be interesting..my preference is for chubby lyric tenors. I try to keep this underwraps at work so I dont get into trouble. But I think my boss is on to me. I dont know anyone singing at SF this season. I flew there just days after 9/11 last year trembling with fear that some wackjob would crash me into a building on my way to the opera.

what a great gift your mom passed on to you. My mom is responsible for my love of opera too. My favorite mezzo role is Dalila. that is what I risked my life to hear last Sept.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have been a somewhat reluctant opera fan. My friend takes me to operas, I take him to ballets. I am starting to really appreciate certain operas. I discovered most recently that I have a taste for baroque opera, and discovered how different it is. The SF Opera production of Giulio Cesare was fantastic- it got a really enthusiastic standing ovation from almost everyone. Of the 3 castrati roles, 2 were male counter-tenors, and they did a superb job. And Ruth Ann Swenson as Cleopatra- she's always wonderful.

We have tickets to Hansel and Gretel, Turandot, La Cenerentola, and Il Trouvatore.
Nolamour
Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Additionally Tort,

Look for a guy named Brian Hymel. He was a student of my mothers and is now with the S. F. Opera. He's a very powerful Tenor.

He'll be in Rigoletto or Don Giovanni here...I can't remember which.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page