Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Update to AARRGGHH!!

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Update to AARRGGHH!! « Previous Next »

Perruche_Verte
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 5:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, I understand now.

Just remember, it's 4 Calling Birds, 3 FRENCH HENS, 2 turtle doves...

'And a beer... in a tree.'
Bellypock
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The glasses are very nice. Nice heft to them. They should serve nicely. BTW, Admin added the 'calling birds' to my post. My apologies to the board.
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hummm...Markus should order from SC to get some inspiration ;-)
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Not a great choice of label for a discreet shipment -- the importing of birds is highly regulated, as it should be.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Belly,
Nice glasses eh! Got mine, and a small fountain on Friday. I shoulda got the bigger fountain. Small one is nice BUT a bit small. Placing my order for 3 calling birds this week!

-Green
Bellypock
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

:My best six year old impersonation:

I got a package from Markus!
I got a package from Markus!

Of course I got it on a Monday, postponing an in-depth taste test analysis until later in the week.

The details:

Everything, including the glasses, arrived in perfect condition. The people the customs folks recommended picked up and reshipped for me without hassle. Total additional charge, $39.00 (I still came out better than ordering from some US distributors). The package was unopened. The bill of lading listed the contents as 4 Calling Birds (I'd translate, but it seems unnecessary :) ). Obviously why they held it. For those wondering about the glasses; they stand 6.75 inches high, 2.75 inches mouth diameter, 2 ounces to the top of the swirl, 8 ounces full. There is a line running down the length of both sides of the glass as a result of the manufacturing process, but they still look great! I'll take any questions from the class, now. :)

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page