Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

To everyone in in the path of hurrica...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » To everyone in in the path of hurricane Lilly « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 03, 2002Greenmeanie25 10-3-02  5:17 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Nolamour
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yea, if they were drinking Absinthe in the Lafayette or Grand Isle area they, quite possibly, may have blown away!

Was it my Oxygenee you smelled???? I can't seem to find it...There were reports of shameless looting.
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And when I put my nose in that wind, I think I can smell the smell of your absinthes...
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can feel the strong wind up to here in Quebec. That must have been a hell of a storm down there !
Nolamour
Posted on Saturday, October 5, 2002 - 1:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, Day two after the so called storm. We spent last night and tonight in the French Quarter. The streets were bare last night as most flights into town were canceled and it seems most did not reschedule.
For the first time in my 34 years, Pat O'Brien's was Closed...unheard of. We found ourselves bellied up to the bar at The Old Absinthe House both nights. The marbled fountain still sits with it's memories in tact.

The damp menu reads:
Absinthe Drip - The Traditional drink now using Absinte with the slow water drip over sugar.

The Absinthe House Frappe - created here in the 1860's by Cayetano Ferrer.
Herbsaint and Anisette topped with a splash of soda water.

The old Quater had an errie vibe tonight, but the party continues as usual.
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

So Kallisti waits out storms with candles, whiskey, and Pikkle? Interesting.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'll drink to everyone's survival, including Nolamour's, and the continued availability of Tabasco sauce - amen.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 4:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nola,

Good to hear and thanks for the update.

Sugar mill??!! Cane?! Ahhhhhh, the possibilities. This could lead to a verboten topic.....

Care? Yes. I think it is inherent in human nature when bad things befall an innocent that we all care to some degree.

Ah, CRAP!! I HATE IT when I start to get all insiteful. I'm outta here for now. Need to get my head straight. Now, where did I put that Private Ryan DVD.....
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, October 3, 2002 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Greenie...

Care or not, I still appreciate it.

Lili's winds have dropped to 40 mph -- turning the one-time Category 4 hurricane into a disturbance that barely qualifies as a tropical storm.
Before the downgrade, Lili passed through New Iberia, La., its 92 mile-an-hour winds bringing down a 50-foot-tall Holiday Inn sign.
Governor Foster said: "It looks like we were lucky."

My Uncle and his family hid inside their Sugar Mill during the deluge. They had a room in the center with walls of steel that were sure to hold.
Unfortunately, their sugar fields were decimated. Well, they'll just start again for next year I guess.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Thursday, October 3, 2002 - 5:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

MD

Check your e-mail.

-Green

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page