Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Kallisti, re-marge the forums

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Kallisti, re-marge the forums « Previous Next »

Raschied
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

This whole topic reminds me of the jewelry stores in Manhattan having their one year anniversary "Going out of business sale!" The forum breathes like a living creature, and sometimes it sleeps for a while, but it's not dying.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, October 6, 2002 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome back Head.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, October 6, 2002 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Timk,

My post was not meant as an attack on yourself. You are of course entitled to your opinion and I have no problem with that.

In the 'old days' most of the posts on this forum were not absinthe related. There was much more 'Monkey hole' stuff in the past than absinthe-related stuff. I rarely post in the Absinthe collectables section and I always go straight to the Monkey Hole.

I like the fact that there is a place where I can screech as much as I like without someone interupting and boring on about the fact that the conversation is 'off-topic'.
Nascentvirion
Posted on Saturday, October 5, 2002 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You know there is a whole world wide web out there, this place is just one of many I visit. Though it remains the only & best place for discussion about absinthe & politics. I dont think it is dying, it's just changed. You either go with the flow or you die going against the current.
Timk
Posted on Saturday, October 5, 2002 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Other than have an opinion" and thats a bad thing?

"stir up shit with Don" Ditto - plus I think Don did enough stirring of his own, however as I have said I dont think he should have been banned.

Anyway ill dissapear into the woodwork for another couple of months, bye.
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Haha Kelvinator, you'r doomed! This place will die....FoReVeR!
Admin
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yay for Hobby, my Hobby Horse!

it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Tim, would you like the messages to reverse too, with the latest posts at the bottom? (that's a joke, son)

I ain't changing nothing around here, EVER.

heeheheeee!
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

also look under utilities, "new messages" works just as well, doh!
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 6:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Check his palce.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here Timk, I'm gonna hold your hand
and help you out there fella...

Here's a highly guarded secret to navigating
the new messages in the various topics.

Click here> LAST DAY

And what the hell is a re-marge?
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What have you done for the place
to make it more lively?
Other than have an opinion and
stir up shit with Don?
Timk
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"All the yearning for the 'good old days' that goes on here is a bit pathetic"

That was most definitely not what I was doing, other than the fact that everything was in one place.

"It was better in the old days"

I never said it was, but having all the discussion in one place would certainly help, rather than having to categorise anything, and keep track of threads in three different sub forums. And the only place I regularly look at - the Strictly absinthe and collectables 'forum' is certainly dying a death.

Well, thats my opinion anyway
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

How is this place dying? There are as many posts going on the forum these days than there was in the past.

All the yearning for the 'good old days' that goes on here is a bit pathetic. All the 'I wish so and so was still here' or 'I wish so and so would come back' or 'It was better in the old days' is all just boring. It's just like some bitter old fart who sits around complaining that things aren't as good as they used to be and that the youth of today have no respect for their elders.

The forum has changed, just adapt to it.
Timk
Posted on Friday, October 4, 2002 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The reason this palce is dying a death is because of the split categories. Sure, everyone bitched and moaned when they were merged, but the forum was a much better place for it.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page