Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

So I tried some Herbesainte....

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » So I tried some Herbesainte.... « Previous Next »

Nolan
Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have been drinking Herbsaint for a long long time. It tastes like anis. It is a good annisette.
It ain't absinthe anymore but it is better than
Pernod anis in my humble opinion and it beats Absente/ american in my opinion too. IT does not beat Pontarlier Anis or Veaux Pontarlier.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It is very good to cook with, and I will always have it for that reason, but I can't drink the stuff. Bleech!
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's good to cook with...
Sambeau
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My first two glasses of Herbsaint: After just a sip, I couldn't pour them down the sink fast enough. Now, I seem to have developed a taste for the stuff. In fact I could use one right now. I think as far as Pastis/Anisette goes, It is considered one of the best. It is certainly good enought to make due until "the real stuff" gets to you.
Tristan_Ii
Posted on Saturday, October 5, 2002 - 5:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have no idea if it is a decent drink, but I had to try.

The problem is, I think I louched with too much water.

I went at about 4-1, water to liqour.

note- I wasn't thrilled with the taste, too much anise.... I think I may have to dig up a bottle of Serpis.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page