Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Absinthe in Paris

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Absinthe in Paris « Previous Next »

2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

he does great work, my 2 long spoons have frenchies stamp on the handle... believe me they get plenty of use!!!!
Orgulasmaggot
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Good news about Phil.

Glad he's focussing on his popular spoons!

Shame his site is still down though.
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Phil is still making replica spoons (as Frenchman SARL), it is just the antique business that he has stopped. I am sure that he won't mind the Pernod pages being hosted here.
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Would it be possible to include Artemis' translation of the old recipes in the Forum's FAQ?

It's an invaluable resource.
Orgulasmaggot
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bleh! I'd wanted to see his English translation of the historic recipes and the tour of the Pernod et Fils operations, I think they were.

If you, Absinthedrinker, could host them for a time, I'd muchly appreciate it!

If not him, who else is making spoons now?
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Phil has stopped operating his site, he hasn't been selling items for a long time now and he had problems with his IP provider. If there are any parts of the site that anyone would like to see for historical reference I can host them.
Orgulasmaggot
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Phil's site is still down, some two weeks later.

I guess that's a lot of travelling.

Any idea when he'll be back?
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

last time i checked:
40 euros the first place
55 euros the other...
Pataphysician
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

What does a bottle cost in those stores?
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

caves du roy
31 rue simart
(near montmartre, on the way down towards blvd. barbès-metro jules joffrin)

caves augé
116 blvd haussmann- near intersection w/ave. messine
(near gare st. lazare-metro miromesnil)
Franglais
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the advice about Zimmer. Anyone know if I can find any Francois Guy around these parts?

-I
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yup, don`t be stupid (or too much in a hurry)like me and don`t miss l'heure verte chez Peter !
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

the un émile 45° was hand-delivered last night, straight off the route from pontarlier...the owner is very excited about having it on his drink menu and is the first in paris to serve(and eventually,sell bottles) un émile 45°... it coincided(not accidentally), with a b/w semi-nude photo shoot taking place at le zimmer after it closed, where ted happily volunteered as best-grip...the photographer will be putting out a book of his work (in french and portuguese; hopefully an english version) all taken at this location, with commentary by benoît noël...
as as always, if it can be arranged, you are welcome for l'heure verte, chez moi...just send me an e-mail...

right now i have to go, as ted is whipping up alligator gumbo in an early-morning frenzy, before catching the plane back to NOLA...
Absinthedrinker
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

There is a cafe/bistro called Zimmer http://www.lezimmer.com/ in Place du Chatelet which will shortly be taking delivery of Un Emile 45, Peter will no doubt fill you in when he recovers from his drive back from Pontarlier. The two flea markets worth a visit are St Ouen and Vanves in the North and South, respectively. The former is really more boutiques than a true flea market and you won't get bargains. The second is a street market and you will usually find common spoons or glasses there. Prices can vary dramatically between sellers, so take care.

Phil is currently on the road but I'll let him know that his site is down.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

could be because Phil is away now.
Wolfgang
Posted on Sunday, October 6, 2002 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A bit out of topic but is http://www.frenchmanltd.com/ still online ? It`s not working right now.
Franglais
Posted on Sunday, October 6, 2002 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Leaving for Paris next week, and was wondering if anyone has some tips on absinthe stops (i.e. stores that sell any of the new breed, memorablia, antiques or simply repros or even historic stops).

I remember long, long ago someone posted some stores when Oxygenee first appeared.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page