Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Serpis and NS

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Serpis and NS « Previous Next »

Perruche_Verte
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Larsand has an email address:

larsand@andorra.ad

Anyone who's fluent in one of Andorra's three languages (francais, castellano, catalan) care to drop them a line? I tried, but haven't gotten an answer.

I don't think they're actually made by Huguet - the mailing address and phone number are different.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Petermarc
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pataphysician
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Are you cancelling the liter bottle of Guy forever?

For U.S. shipping, does the 1/2 liter bottle count as one bottle?
Mclion
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

ok, here I am back from the warehouse... It's true since Emile 68 was offered, hardly anybody was interested in the 45. So I decided to stop it. Maybe just for a while - there are good chances that I can offer the 68 next year.

The F.Guy half liter bottle is a goody for my poor German customers, who are really looking on prices and don't really care the half liter or the liter... Business is pretty hard over here at the moment and nobody really want's to spend a lot of money. See the point? Unfortunately my warehouse isn't that big, so I had to cancell the liter bottle.

Markus
Giovannigray
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus and I had a brief e-mail discussion about the Emile 45 a few weeks ago. Apparently, it wasn't selling well, so he felt it best to quietly discontinue offering it. It's possible that he has a bit of Emile 45 left, but I'm not sure about that. Markus can speak for himself, of course
Crosby
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And where did the Emile 45 go?
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus only has Guy in the half liter now. What's up with that, Markus?
Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

From an Austin Powers movie:

"You may be a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater..."
Greenmeanie
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Blue,

Go to www.lafeeverte.de and click on "international". Markus is a great guy, honest and reliable. We've been dealing with him for a long time.
Blueshuttle
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

thanx for the input everyone! I have heard alot of good things about F. Guy, but i cant find it too easily. Where could I go to purchase a bottle of F. Guy on the internet?

Also, isnt serpis 65 and NS 70 just higher-proof versions of the same thing, or do they actually make the higher proof products better? i was told once to go for the lower alcahol content absinthes because you get more of the absinthe taste and less of the drunken stupor.
Pataphysician
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Heh, heh... he said "bukaki".
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

THE PLAY ON WORDS!!! Hahaha... he almost tripped
and fell over that one.

Wolfie, if it was a one-eyed trouser snake
you'd be the bukaki poster boy of the year.

Gotta love that WOOF-WOOF!
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Am I what we call a cunni linguist ?

Let`s blame it on the secondary effects ;-)
Pataphysician
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 6:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's like a more sophisticated form of English. A "mounth" is a four week period between the times you put something in your mouth. Wolfie, you are the most cunning linguist on this forum.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 5:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wolfie. Yer fuckin' killin' me man, I love your Engrish!
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, now let`s have a 5 mounths old hausgematche to close the night.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Haven`t had a glass of serpis in ages so I when treasure hunting at the back of the cabinet and found what was left of a bottle of serpis65 (a bottle I ordered when it first came out on the market sometimes last year.

With 1/2 sugar cube, not too much water and lots of ice it`s quite enjoyable. It still remembers me of Campari and for sure, it`s better than the 55. I can understand that many people don`t like this one but once every 6 mounths, I still enjoy a glass of this unusual absinthe.

For those who already like the 55, go buy a 65 with your next order. If you don`t like it, wait six mounths, I tell you, eventually you will like it.

(it must be something about the moon or position of the planets...sometimes I really like it but sometimes I hate it).

And for the record, I`m not drunk, it`s the only glass of alcohol I had in two days...well maybe that`s why I enjoy it ;-)
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Haha...who can get it? Did we ever asked SC to carry Larsand?"

I asked them. I think others should too, just to show that the demand exists for this product and for F. Guy.

Cristina responded, if I recall correctly, that they were working on the Larsand but were not able to get it in sufficient quantity to offer it on their website. There doesn't seem to be any online vendor that carries it as a regular product. I wonder where it's all sold?
Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damndj-

Amen brother!

-Green
Damndj
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I wouldn't order something and say "there are better out there". I mean, unless you got Absente, then one of the brands you got may be for you!

Serpis remains one of my favorites, even after drinking Francois Guy and La Fee, two of the more recommended brands on these boards. Funny, I don't like N.S. 70% out of everything I've tried. It's not bad or anything, but it's not the best (my opinion of course).

Try as many as you can and let yourself decide which is better. :)
Wolfgang
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Haha...who can get it ? Did we ever asked SC to carry Larsand ?

I agree I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Two friends of mine just came back from Portugal, apparently there, absinthe is the basic alcohol to make shooters in bar (well, to the 2-3 places where they went). They use some low-anis absinthe to make some tasty mix like ''sante de christo'' (sp?), a mix of absinthe and grenadine. I have a small sample of Montana left, I think I`ll try it with it. They saw many brands but didn`t take notes. For sure it was not the brands we commonly know. According to them (who have tasted with me some of the best brands, Lableu and some hausgemachtes), it was not very good absinthe but it was still tasty and of course, dangerously efficient when stupidly drunk in shooters.

They have hundreds of pictures, when it will be ready, If there`s some featuring absinthe I`ll ask them to post it here.
Zman7
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh yeah, Larsand from Andorra, if you can get it.
Zman7
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

NS 70, Un Emile 68, Francois Guy.
Pernod 68 ain't to bad for what it is. All of these I would consider an upgrade from what you purchased (Head, of course, would differ).
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 2:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Serpis, Serpis and of course (my personal
favorite!) Serpis.
Blueshuttle
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My order from SC finally arrived!

I now have a bottle of N.S. 55' and Serpis 55'. I know there are better absinthe brands out there but I am low budget...

This is my first encounter with absinthe! They both taste very similar (well the first glass of each anyway) but I assume that as I become more familiar with absinthe, the tastes will become more distinctive between brands.

I enjoy them both but I think i like the green color better than red.. they should change the Serpis to green

Until the day I can afford La Bleue, what other brands from Spain and France should I strive to acquire? Which absinthes are decidedly better than Serpis and NS?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page