Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through October 01, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » The fountains are in!! » Archive through October 01, 2002 « Previous Next »

Greenmeanie
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bucky

This may be a good learning experience for them, too. Who knows how recently they started the mail order thing and they just may be finding their legs. Glad it worked out for you.

-Green
Buck_Turgidson
Posted on Tuesday, October 1, 2002 - 6:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey,
I Received a reply from Sacha at nice-art, today, says that they are going to replace the glasses with ones that match the fountain and spoons.

If I were an antique collector attempting to assemble a service for six, one piece at a time, I would just be happy to get six pieces of the same style, let alone, the same ad etchings.

However, since I bought the large fountain, six spoons, and six of their most expensive glasses all at the same time, (not to mention two bottles of "Versinthe" Blanche) I think itís reasonable to expect a matching set. Especially, since their website explicitly, by pictures and descriptions, suggested that it would. Personally, I didn't really care exactly which brand was on the set, just so it was exactly the same on all the pieces.

Anyway, they're making good the mix-up, so I'm happy.
To top it off, they're sending another present as an apology. That's the best part. Its like Cracker Jacks, I can't wait to see what my prize is going to be.

Bucky
Mogan_David
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bucky,

My glasses also say "L'Amesinthe", but since I didn't buy the fountain it's not a big deal. Actually even if I had bought the fountain it wouldn't be a big deal to me, though I can understand your point.

I think most people's collection of absinthe paraphanilia is mix and match. Some old, some new and some very old. It's realy just a matter of what makes you happy.

I will say that I like my glasses very much. They appear to be hand blown, very thin and delicate. Each glass arived well packaged and unbroken. I count my blessings on that fact alone.

The Genipi however was a bit of a dissapointment. It's not Nice Art's fault that I don't like it that much, it's interesting but not my cup of tea.
Tavarua
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The glasses are hand blown. It's not easy to be consistant in dimensions when there are several individuals turning them out at the same time.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus,

Ich glaube der Buck raedet ueber Nice-Art. Nicht Dir! Your glasses just fit under the small one if you tilt 'em just a hair. They are also nice and solid.

-Green
Mclion
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, the only thing I can tell you is, that the second batch of fontaines I get is also engraved with L'Amersinthe. I don't see this as a fault - just remember how long it took everybody to find some suitable Fontaines anyhow. OK, see the point that the glasses don't really fit to the fontaine now, but I don't use these glasses anyway - so it doesn't matter to me! Hope you're not too disappointed! I guess the frogs weren't aware how demanding american customers are :-))

Anyhow I hope everybody enjoys the LaFeeVerte.de service.

Markus
Buck_Turgidson
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

After closer inspection of the reservoir glasses, I discovered something else. They all have somewhat different dimensions. They are all different in height, the tallest is about 3/4" taller than the shortest. They also vary in diameter and in reservoir size.

I don't know what method was used to produce them, I presume hand made. If so, I would not expect them to be exact duplicates. However, I would not expect them to look so wildly different when standing next to each other.

Maybe this is typical. Does anyone have any insight into these glasses and if they are official merchandise of LIQUORISTERIE DE PROVENCE, the distillers of Versinthe?

Bucky
Buck_Turgidson
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Received my package from nice-art.com today.
Ordered 9/18
Received 9/30

Great packaging plus an extra present for the mistake of listing .5L Blanche as .7L Blanche.
Everything arrived intact. I was very happy , until:

I discovered that while the fountain and the spoons are engraved "Versinthe" the "Type C" glasses are engraved L'Amesinthe.
This is not a little mistake, my absinthe set looks silly. It doesn't match. The website clearly describes and pictures all items engraved with "Versinthe"
This sucks big time. They have really good pricing, great shipping, but poor taste?
I'll email them and see what can be done. However it seems as though it would be an expensive solution to try to exchange them.
Mogan_David
Posted on Friday, September 27, 2002 - 6:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Whoo Hoo!

My wife tells me the stuff from Nice Art came in yesterday.

Fast, cheap shipping, I wish they carried more brands than just Versinthe.

I can't wait to get back home to check out my goodies. (and of course see my beautiful wife)

MD
Mclion
Posted on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 4:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

ok folks - it's working again.

Markus
Mclion
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've just been informed that the international site is not working at the moment :-((

Anybody urgently want to make an order can do this by e-mail.

I hope to solve that problem by tomorrow!

Markus
Greenmeanie
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Markus! Responsive as ever!!
Tavarua
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you look at the picture, you can clearly see that the bottle of Blanche Versinthe is a good bit smaller than their standard brew, side by side. Itís a .5 L.
Mclion
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, but the batch should be here by the end of next week.

Markus
2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hey you guys... markus is on the ball he has new pricing for his fountains already!!!!
Buck_Turgidson
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone heard how long it takes to receive an order from nice-art. I took the plunge and ordered the whole setup.
MD, you're probably right, I've only ever seen .5 liter bottles of Blanche. But who knows? Itís not unusual for the French to market domestic product differently than that for export. Since this is a French site, perhaps "domestic Blanche" comes in .7 liter.
Anyway, their shipping seemed very reasonable, and as I kept loading my cart it only increased a euro or two per item. I ordered 9/18. Iíll let you guys know if, when, and how I receive my order.

Bucky
Crowlyman
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

What kind of freebies?
I likes freebies!
Zman7
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Blaze those trails MD!
Mogan_David
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 6:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

In case anyone is planning to order from Nice Art, here's an email I received this morning.
It seems that they will be sending a gift to anyone from the forum who orders from them.

I love Markus to death, but it's nice to have someone else out there who wants our business too.

Quote:

I see the different message on the sepulchritude forum and I'm very happy that people speaks well about my web site.
You can tell that we are serious people, price and shipping isn't not very expensive, the service is good, we'll try to be best each time, we'll hope translate the web site during october for US people.
You can also said that each people (of sepulchritude forum) who order to nice-art.com will have a present. They notice in the message the word "sepulchritude forum"

Mogan_David
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just got an email from Nice Art saying that they've set up a web page to explain the ordering process to us foreigners.
I also got a very nice email from the lady selling the glasses on ebay. She says she's been ordering from Nice Art for over a year and that they are "Wonderful", "You can't go wrong with their service" and that "They pack the product like no other".
It's hard to ignore a recommendation like that.

Anyway, I'm about to take the plunge and order the glasses and a bottle of Genepi (they said they'd export small orders of one or two bottles)
Maybe I can get $50 a glass on ebay too. I can only hope!

Here's the web page explaining the process for ordering from Nice Art.

http://www.nice-art.com/ecran/explain.htm

MD
Mogan_David
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 6:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Buck,

I plan to order from them. Not 288 euros worth, but I do want those glasses.

They've been very responsive to my emails. They tell me that they are planning to revamp their web page to make it easier for us foreigners to order by credit card.

MD
Herb
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 6:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

BTW, I suspect the .7L Versinthe Blanche at Nice-Art is wrong -- it seems to be .5L everywhere else.
Buck_Turgidson
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

How about a setup like this? From nice-art.com:
Carton of 6 Versinthe reservoir glasses
1 large Versinthe fountain
2 0.7 liter Versinthe Blanche
6 Versinthe spoons

The price seems reasonable (Euro).

my picture

Get a room at Motel 6, and I think Lmarchegrisiste is in for some competetion.

Seriously, do you guys think its worth ordering from a site we haven't had any feedback? Or, is it my turn to be the guinea pig? Any comments?
Mclion
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I should be able to reduce the prices with the second batch (which is already on its way)

Markus
Buck_Turgidson
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone been brave or foolish enough to order the fountain or glasses from nice-art.com?

Bucky

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page