Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

What do you think of...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » What do you think of... « Previous Next »

Raschied
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

To oily for my tastes - left a weird slick on the glass that I found unappealing. Tasted all right, though.
Giovannigray
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Apparently, Candela is the export version of the Spanish brand "Absinthe NS".. Look in the Buyers' Guide Review within this website, either alphabetically, or under "Spain" for a review.

NS is one of my favorite Spanish brands. I don't know if Candela tastes exactly like it, though.
Thegreenimp
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Candela is Absinthe N.S., check the reviews under Spain for N.S., personally it's not one of my favorites, too much star anise for my taste.
Check out the Emile 68 for something better.
Jay
Qbrick
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

...Candela Absinth?

Neither the buyers' reviews nor backreading this very productive board gave me information on how Candela absinth is perceived by the (semi-)professional drinkers hanging around here.

Please drop a few lines for me, since my last absinth-experiences are years back and I'm just starting with what is referred to as abinth, so I am helpless with the commercial brands.

I live in Germany, so taking home the bottles you find in the shops here is the thing to do, if you are curious, what they label as absinth today.
Up to now, I tried Absinth Furial (good for cooking, very sweet with a very sharp anis flavor) and Tabu 73, which appears as a a very balanced and even mild (compared to Furial) absinth with a rich flavor.
Now I ordered Candela via internet. Is it true, that Candela contains a relatively low amount of anis (what I prefer) among the Spanish brands?

#first post

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page