Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Look what I did to you, aaaagain.

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Look what I did to you, aaaagain. « Previous Next »

Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here I thought it was chlorofluorocarbons. That's what they said on Andy Griffith, anyway.
Le_Vieux_Hibou
Posted on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

They sit down for the ritual and the one boy explains the drinks background, "Absinthe...bla bla bla....Poets and stuff....bla bla bla....same active ingredient in marijuana."

What the second boy actually says is "Tetro Hydra Chlorine - same active ingredient ... ". I ran it back a couple of times to make sure I'd heard it correctly.

> They end up getting married

To each other, hopefully. I didn't watch it any further than the above scene.
Raschied
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Absinthe Madness - just like Reefer Madness, in a glass!
Tavarua
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 8:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, yeeaaaaaa, of course it's true. My only point was that they left out the most crucial part of the ritual, lighting the sugar cube on fire before dousing it in the glass. Oh yea, and those sillies said it was molecularly similiar to THC when we all know that it is an opiate.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You mean that's NOT true!? I always thought that if something was in the movies that it HAD to be true!! {sniff}
Tavarua
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 7:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

For the latest installment of Absinthe in the movies, we turn to "Murder by Numbers", in which two firiey lads imbibe. The scene went pretty much like this, one of the boys is lighting up a joint, and the other says, "I've got something better". They sit down for the ritual and the one boy explains the drinks background, "Absinthe...bla bla bla....Poets and stuff....bla bla bla....same active ingredient in marijuana." Please join me in praise for another masterfully accurate portrayal of absinthe. Oh yea, the 2 boys end up killing a woman for kicks. They end up getting married, going to Tijuana and raising rabbits on a farm, the end.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page