Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Nouvelle Méthode d'Analyse des Absint...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Nouvelle Méthode d'Analyse des Absinthes « Previous Next »

2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yes it is one and the same... if you're bidding against him my condolances to you there are very few who can (or try to) outbid him once he desires something .
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is it the same Oxygenee that posts here? I would really like a copy if he ever scans it; I think several others would also be interested.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oxygenée, if I may say so, is a very nice chap, a first-class collector of absinthiana, and an avid researcher of its related history. When Oxygenée wins an auction, you can be sure the item hasn't fallen into the wrong (i.e., forgery-making) hands.
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

oxygenee got it for EUR 229.00. I was way outbid. Now who is oxygenee?
Orgulasmaggot
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Any one brave enough to buy this on this forum, please scan and post!

Heck, I'll even translate it into English for free if required.

;>)
Le_Vieux_Hibou
Posted on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I had reference not to the title, but to the description given by the seller, which reads:

" ouvrage donnant la methodologie pour la fabrication de l'absinthe, avec la marche à suivre pour le dosage des essences, les alcools employés pour sa fabrication"

A work giving the methodology for the manufacture of absinthe, with the procedure for dosage of essences, (and) the alcohols used in its manufacture
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

My sense is that it's just what the title indicates: a (then) new method to chemically analyze the content of different absinthes. Since this document was presented to the Academy of Medicine, it probably focuses on chemicals which would have an effect on absinthe imbibers.
Le_Vieux_Hibou
Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A second, more careful reading of the description of that text moves me to take back at least partly what I said previously.

It doesn't seem to be one of the pro or anti absinthe pamphlets of the period, but possibly, an actual how-to manual for mixing absinthe from essences, which practice itself was decried as unhealthy by even the pro-absinthe factions of the time, excluding those who were making and selling such essence-derived products, of course.

Apologies if I misled anyone.
Le_Vieux_Hibou
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Appears to address the standard issues re: absinthe at the time. What was the greater evil? "Bad" alcohols, too much essences, essences derived through improper methods (i.e., mixing after the fact vs. distillation). There were all sorts of pamphlets by various proponents at the time. Given the price, I would be surprised if this text was much more than a pamphlet, but it's certainly worth the asking price.
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

One hundred years new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1570761298

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page