Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Old, sealed Pernod absinthe bottle --...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Old, sealed Pernod absinthe bottle -- contents intact « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 15, 2002_Blackjack25 10-15-02  11:27 pm
Archive through October 24, 20022loucheltrec25 10-24-02  5:06 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dr_Ordinaire
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, thank goodness this is the Strictly Absinthe and Collectibles, otherwise who knows what unrelated things people may post...

So, going back to the thread, does anybody know what shaving cream Ms/r Buck uses? Seems to work perfectly even in the most sensitive areas...
Thegreenimp
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

But do you have the Stephanie action figure that was recalled because it came with no panties?
stmm
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe Buck will buy his/her undies back?
Looks like he/she needs them.

Go jogging in them and maybe him/her will
make you an offer.
Tavarua
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You and your crazy shemale experiences. Anyway, quite the looker, but a little young for my tastes. Do dig that atoms apple though.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, Tavvy I did find out later (upon closer
inspection, Thank you again Peter) that the
guy peddling the Stephanie grunders was a
sheeny. Those particular panties were owned
by this once famous and beautiful T-girl
Buck Fascia (stunning despite the masculine name).

Buck Fascia

I used the money I saved on the panties for an
OFFICIAL WWE "Date With Mae Young" auction. The
proceeds of that auction went to the Make A Will Foundation.

We had a lovely meal at Long John Silvers.
By the way it's true what they say...
The older the vintage,
the sweeter the nectar.
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

the seal 'pernod fils' on this bottle was a part of the mold, as opposed to being applied on after the bottle was made, also look closely at the thin, even ring under the thick ring of the top---a machine-made bottle...this bottle most likely dates from the 1920's-30's(and not a tarragona style either, that i can tell), making it not only not absinthe, but only having the alcohol at 40°...par-ty!
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tavarua
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry about the whole Stephanie Mcmahons thing, but I just had to have them. At least you'll be happy to know that they were put to good use. I wear them on my head every night after dinner.

Whatever, whoever paid $250 for bottle got beat like a dead horse. Let em have it, karma's a bitch as they are soon to find out.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

People make offers to the
seller prior to the end of
the auction ALL the time.

"It's easy" they say "just go
to *yadda yadda* and close the
auction and I'll give X amount
of dollars"

Not very fair but it's an Ebay
loophole that people utilize EVERYDAY!
YOU BETTER BELIEVE I WAS FUCKING PISSED
AS HELL WHEN IT HAPPENED TO ME WHILE I WAS
BIDDING ON THAT DIRTY PAIR OF STEPHANIE
MCMAHONS UNDERWEAR >#*$+!@*#)%*#$)%!!!!

Guess what though? There ain't fuck all
you can do about it. Take a big bite of
"hooray for me and FUCK YOU!"

Forgot to add, in this case, the seller just
creepy crawled back in and changed the auction
to a buy it now for the requesting bidder.

WHAM! Auction over.
Tavarua
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 7:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

DAMN!!!! Just checked the auction, it is already over. I don't recall seeing a buy it now option and even if there was one, $250USD? SHADY!!!!
Tavarua
Posted on Monday, October 28, 2002 - 7:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Funk that. He makes a point at showing everyone the cork, which is in pretty bad shape. I've had sealed bottles leak in the mail. Zman's bottle leaked and it's seal was in perfect shape. If there was ever a chance to pull a leaked bottle scam, this is it, IMHO. Especially considering he already has a shady rep at best. If anyone here does bid on this, make sure you request that he wax the tip, hehe.
Crosby
Posted on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

LOL
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vintage Pernod Huckster Tip no. 1

Refer to color as "feuille morte"
Crosby
Posted on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Personally, I don't trust this seller. One of the "Thieves of Luxembourg". If it was any good he keep it himself, he is a collector. That fact makes his frequent misrepresentations on ebay criminal rather than laughable.

"THE CONTENTS IS BEARING THE TYPICAL GREEN ABSINTHE COLOUR"

After a hundred years? Shouldn't the color be feuille morte, as Zman describes his new acquisition.
Lint
Posted on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

heres another...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=728912602
Timk
Posted on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 5:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I waxed the top on my miniature to slow evaporation, and prevent the cork falling out.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Amen. And photos. We LIKE photos.
Petermarc
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

my condolences for your loss...
looking forward to future reports...
Zman7
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

For those of you interested.
A follow up to the saga of the vintage bottle….
The bottle arrived extremely fast and very well packaged. The people selling the bottle were very delightful to work with. Despite all the care taken in the packaging, the bottle’s cork didn’t survive the transcontinental airplane ride in the best of condition. About 20-25% of the contents leaked out and into the box. It was a wonderful aroma to behold. Since the cork was failing, I had to rescue the contents of the bottle, and quick. Using all my wine conservation skills, this was accomplished quite satisfactorily. The bottle and label are in amazing condition. It in itself is a work of art (at least in my humble opinion). I have not, as of yet, sampled the absinthe in the traditional manner. A small tasting will occur in a couple of weeks. I removed about half a teaspoonful to taste it neat and to observe the color. It was, as expected, a feuille morte color. Somewhat as if Crayola “Burnt Sienna,” Yellow, and Green crayons were all combined. The aroma was of anise, grand wormwood, hyssop, and to a lesser extent that of grappa (the wine spirits I would presume). Tasted neat, the flavors were also anise, hyssop, artemisia absinthium/pontica and wine spirits. Not much more to report at this time.
Traineraz
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I heard it tastes just like the Nasty Sebor Strong, at ten times the price.

{G}
Mogan_David
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Zman,

Please post lots of pictures and describe your experiences with your new treasure.

Maybe we can all experience a vintage absinthe vicariously through you. :-)

Congradulations
Zman7
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 7:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, leave solving the world's social problems to another thread! This is supposed to be about absinthe!
Crosby
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

C'mon Trainer, let Zman enjoy.
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh no, I agree with MD.

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!

OK, he said something sensible. Perhaps it's a fluke.

"Assistance" programs targeting people based on race or ethnicity imply -- both to members of that group and to the broader society -- that they are unable to manage their own affairs because of their race or ethnicity. Conversely, education and economic-stimulus programs targeting people of low socioeconomic status, regardless of race; college admissions boards basing admission on class ranking in the student's school rather than entirely upon national standards; and similar efforts can help the people who need help without degrading entire races and labeling them helpless.
Zman7
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh yeah!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page