Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Oxygénée...c'est ma s-s-s....c'est la...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Oxygénée...c'est ma s-s-s....c'est la mort! « Previous Next »

Petermarc
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 9:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

this product is 140 proof 'BITTER aux plantes d'absinthe + artificial color' with no sugar...very bitter and medicinal...it does not louche, but could be prepared like a normal, albeit, industrial absinthe, MUCH better with sugar(if 'better' is the right word)...being 70° it is not something to be feared, as the labeling would indicate...it is a sham product, packaged to give the impression of strength and medical legitimacy, and as such, i am sure, is sold for an elevated price (my bottle was free-so i don't know)...
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 7:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, Absente is offering it in the U.S., too:

http://www.wormwood-absente.com/liqextract.htm

That's a link from Absente's official website. What I don't get is, if Absente is "Absinthe refined" why would you need to add anything to it?

Here's some interesting scientific information from the site: "...thujone is reported to cause hallucinations. However, thujone is only proven to cause toxicity in the brain that is similar to the active compound found in marijuana's tetrahydrocannibinol. Both chemicals have been used for centuries for medicinal purposes because of their therapeutic potentials when taken correctly"

Hey! Next from Absente: "Marijuana refined", with an after-market THC spray.

BTW, this fine forum is listed in the links. Makes you wanna take a shower.
Tavarua
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is this possible, or is it just wormwood oil?
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 7:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

>Strung up by the guts of Absente marketers.
extreme

medicine dropper bottle, 100ml...
70° 'up to' 35 mg/l de thuyone
'a few drops is sufficient in your glass or on a piece of sugar... very concentrated to highten absente, long drinks or cocktails'
picture warnings on the side label not to pour it directly into your drink or straight into your mouth...

mucho bullshitto...but, as a 'bitter' it follows the law, if not the spirit of the law...
how this got approved by the french, i'll never know...
_Blackjack
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 7:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And yet the Chevy Nova lives on...
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

>it causes confusion in the mind of the consumer

That's what caused the demise of the Ayds diet plan, and Diggleberries candies. And I won't set foot in a Kum'N'Go convenience store anymore.
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 6:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Strung up by the guts of Absente marketers.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The lawyers will be the first ones with their backs against the wall when the revolution comes!
Wolfgang
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

There's no limit to human stupidity.
Petermarc
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

save those oxygénée bottles, kids...
unfortunately, even after paying big bucks to lawyers and marketing guys, pernod-ricard-cusenier may have screwed up...
though 'oxygénée' may mean something to us absinthe nerds, the only thing it relates to in the mind the avergage frenchman is 'eau oxygénée'
which is hydrogen peroxide...this is a bozo no-no concerning french labeling laws as it causes confusion in the mind of the consumer, especially if he is dumb enough to actually try to make an absinthe drink out of 'eau oxygénée', because the side label on the pernod-cusenier bottle explains how to make your drink, starting by putting 1 measure of 'd'oxygénée cusenier' in a footed-glass...
ambulances are standing by, ready to flip on the silly 'wiener-wiener' siren at any moment...dial 18!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page