Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

##%$#% Computers....

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » ##%$#% Computers.... « Previous Next »

Nolamour
Posted on Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ooooh...sorry to hear about that one. I fear this sort of thing and as a result use different computers for different processes. Everything must be burned to disk unless you have an original.

I couldn't live without Dreamweaver...I'd hate to go back to Frontpage.
Raschied
Posted on Saturday, October 19, 2002 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Windows had a major brain fart on my system. It would only boot up to a black screen and a mouse. Pisser. I tried a bunch of fixes from the online help desk, and nothing would work, and since I hadn't backed up my docs recently, I was screwed.

I ended up doing an expensive fix, but I recovered everything I lost. I installed two matched drives as a redundant RAID so this will never happen again, and installed the original drive as a seperate hard drive. Then, I formatted the RAID, and installed a fresh copy of Windows on it. Now I gotta go back and install all my apps, and I can't find my copy of DreamWeaver, so my web site development is all on hold.

Ahhhh, Computers....

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page