Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Sniper suspects arrested

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Sniper suspects arrested « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 25, 2002Lordhobgoblin25 10-25-02  12:25 pm
Archive through October 29, 2002Head_Prosthesis25 10-29-02  11:19 pm
Archive through November 04, 2002Mogan_David25 11-4-02  7:05 am
Archive through November 06, 2002Lordhobgoblin25 11-6-02  11:13 am
Archive through November 24, 2002Lordhobgoblin25 11-24-02  8:09 am
Archive through December 02, 2002_Blackjack25 12-2-02  4:21 pm
Archive through December 08, 2002Lordhobgoblin25 12-8-02  9:43 am
Archive through December 14, 2002Greenmeanie25 12-14-02  8:34 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Greenmeanie
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lord H,

Your prices sound as nuts as ours for ANY of our sports. Especially basketball (and a team that is hot).

Can't take a family to a game with out spending a fortune. Parking, tickets, food, beer, etc.

Stupid fans though. They BITCH about the ticket, food, etc., prices AND they keep going. Go figure.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I fix his little wagon,
don't you worry Hobby!
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Joalco,

"...despite Lord Knobgobblin's incessant insistance that it was the registration requirement that nailed this green old coffin shut."

I only raised the registration issue in 1 thread and this hardly classifies as incessant. Prior to this the only other time I raised it was when registration was about to be introduced. My feelings haven't changed and are consistant on this issue but I have not harped on about it.

"However, to dismiss Marc based on the contents of some bitchy posts (which were formed out of disappointment more than anything else)"

As for Marc's posts being made out of nothing more than dissapointment, well his dissapointment does not give him carte blanche to insult others without provocation which is what he did. He has no more right to do this than any of the rest of us have.

If someone doesn't like the topic of conversation in a thread then they can ignore it and start their own topic. If people want to join in then they will, if they don't they won't and the thread dies. If people don't want to contribute to a thread then it is the fault of the thread and not the people who don't wish to post on it. Arty threads are no more 'worthy' than political threads, threads about monkeys or whatever the fuck else people want to talk about. Marc just couldn't see this.

He used to be a man that gave out positive, fun vibes but he ended up all bitter, twisted and negative and that was a shame.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Green,

For Premier League teams you're looking at a ticket price of around £25 (38$). Soccer used to be a working class family game but now ordinary folk are being priced out. What factory or building site worker could take himself and a couple of sons to see a game at these prices? Its not all due to vast player salaries though, games were a lot cheaper when grounds had terraces to stand on. Now with all-seater stadiums being compulsory for Premier League teams there are no affordable tickets. Premier league grounds are now full of corporate entertainers, yuppies on expense accounts, and Tony Blair's New Labour politicians trying to appear 'in touch with the common man'. Even many of the soccer hooligans end up watching the game on TV in a pub across the road from the ground.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 5:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marcykins can crawl out of his hole and come the fuck out East. He needs to get back to NYC for a dose of Big City Reality anyway.

BTW-Vegas was the Big Gathering that got away. Kicked off by Melinelly.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, December 16, 2002 - 5:17 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

If I did one, it would be here in Allentown. More than enough folks w/in an hour or 2. I'll have a crib soon for 2wice as many folks as we had @ Fairy Fest. Plenty of crash space, too, so it can be a multi-day soiree.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 10:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

now yer talkin' louchie, that's one thing we need 'round here ... another GT to get things going. we all can give marc a big hug while we're out there.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Melinelly.
Ah, the memories. Vegas get together, anyone?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Joe Alcho sez:

Quote:

But it's just as unfortunate that such a large contingent of the old guard have either given up or simply moved on.

Or,come back do nothing but spew inanities like they always did-Like me!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe they SHOULD make a Moulin Rouge pt.2

SAVE THE FORUM!!!!
Joalco
Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well said, and understood. Marc is just much more vocal with his displeasure in the decline than most. However, over the last four or five years, Marc has contributed quite a bit to this forum. Yes, it's unfortunate that the place isn't as exciting as it once was. But it's just as unfortunate that such a large contingent of the old guard have either given up or simply moved on.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Joalco,

I am sorry if I don't know Marc as you do.

Granted I have been here for less than a year but in that time he has been less than impressive. IMO.

On numerous occasions he has been NEEDLESSLY combative and hostile with forumites. He even tried to bait me on a couple of occasions but I would not bite.

I try to give people a chance before I form an opinion of them. Even moreso in a forum environment. Unless someone is a TOTAL troll you have to give them some time before judging.

He may be frustrated with the quality of people/posts here but he doesn't have to be an ass about it. He reminds me of a little kid lashing out in frustration because he can't express himself properly.

There are those here that frustrate the hell out of me, as well as being asses on occasion, but they have valuable input. I did not see that with Marc. All I saw out of him was a slash-and-burn approch.

I too have noticed a decline in the quality of conversation in the short time that I have been here. I do not have a solution to the problem. I wish that I did. Is it the registration requirement? Dunno. I guess it can put some people off. Hell, I wanted on so bad that I had to BEG Kallisti to let me on and I just had one of those free email services. I am one of those few that only have computer access at work. Since I speak German, I've posted invitations on several German absinthe boards in an effort to get new blood over here.

I am sincerely sorry if I misjudged the man, and if I offended anyone, but I'm just calling it as I see it.
Joalco
Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 7:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Greenmeanie,

If you'd been here long enough to know any better, you'd know just how wrong that statement is. Marc's frustrated at the lack of quality conversations going on here, just as many of us old timers are. And while once there was a pretty even flow of new blood (trolls or useless gimps AND people who actually had something to contribute), that flow has becomelittle more than a trickle. There's no one person to blame or silver-bullet explanation for it all, despite Lord Knobgobblin's incessant insistance that it was the registration requirement that nailed this green old coffin shut.

The forum, like somany other things, just ain't what she used to be. Maybe when something of great importance in the absinthe world happens, some of that vitality will returns, or maybe it really is too late for all that nonsense. However, to dismiss Marc based on the contents of some bitchy posts (which were formed out of disappointment more than anything else) is to not only sell the man far short, but also to prove your own ignorance.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page