Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Hill's Absinth Gets Sexy New Image

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Hill's Absinth Gets Sexy New Image « Previous Next »

The_Nephilim
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

this is not surprising in the least. Vince Ray is a very very popular tattoo artist in the UK and elsewhere, known for his retro flash style. You can get his bettie page devil mama's on shot glasses, ashtrays, cigarette lighters and other assorted chachkies.

is it appropriate for absinthe (however bad it may be)? well, it does give you an indication on the marketing strategy of eAbsinthe based on their UK market. They're shooting to sell to underground hipsters. the tattoo/piercing crowd that hangs out on portobello road and up in camden. The cold-steel shoppers. On the whole, not the brightest group when it comes to doing the research on what is traditionally the best of anything. like I said, they go for retro-flash.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, October 26, 2002 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

She is holding a martini glass.

She's saying 'man, I'm sexy. Don't drink this crap. Go buy me a martini and stare at my tits.'
Petermarc
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 3:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

£=$
Marc
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Vince Ray designed the artwork on the shirts that my staff wore at my Vegas club, Venus.
With this Hill's label, he just blew his hipster cred.
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Why is Betty Page douching with a giant glass of Hill's?
2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

that's what i figured
Giovannigray
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I asked Markus about that a while ago. He told me Hill's is quite popular with his German customers.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

if you really want hill's i think markus still sells some... really!
Pataphysician
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ahhh. Now we know why Hills tastes like ass.
Admin
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

and in case you were curious:

what a waste
Pataphysician
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeehaw!
Crosby
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just got the newsletter from eAbsinthe.com. Seems that Hill's has a new logo.

"Designed by renowned alternative artist Vince Ray whose artwork has graced album covers, comics, clothing magazines, ceramics and fliers for fetish, rockin' and psychobilly clubs is sure to cause a stir. Vince's artwork lives in a world of his own creation where rock 'n' roll hoodlums have formed a knuckledustered band in your garage, Bettie Page's bad half-sister lives in a hotrod on your lawn and flaming devil babes wake you in the darkest hours of the night to take you on a ride to hell for your sinful thoughts.
The Horney Lady's first appearence is as part of the new Hill's Absinth kits on the special burning spoon included. The kits are available for £9.95 (inc. P+P) at eAbsinthe.com. She takes over as brand mascot for Hill's Absinth, expressing is sexy, sinful, youthful image Hill's Absinth being the premiere absinth brand in clubs and style bars throughout the country.

So why not swing by and check her out? But remember, Hill's Absinth is only available exclusively to our UK customers!"

It may not be good absinthe, but we've got a sexy logo! I can't tell you how sad it is that they only ship to the UK, really, I can't.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page