Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through October 21, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » FILM FORUM » THE LOBBY (a place for miscellaneous film chat) » Archive through October 21, 2002 « Previous Next »

Melgib
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rudy Ray lives!!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes indeed Pata, I'm having a gay old
time fighting amongst myselves over in
that other thread...

I can't wait to pull out these
Dolemite quotables:

Quote:

Why you RAT SOUP EATIN'
MUTTHA FUKKA!!!

or

GET OUT MY WAY MAN
AND LET ME PASS,
'FORE I BE PULLIN' THESE HUSH PUPPIES
OUT YO' MUTTHA FUKKIN' ASS!!!

Shayne
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is too strange for me I'm going back to watching Escape, I've just reached the part where McQueen has captured the saucer and is flying over Berlin dropping 2-ton Big Macs on the soliders below!
Pataphysician
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

All of the posts on this forum, except yours, are made by Head Prosthesis. You were bound to figure that out eventually.
Shayne
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

This is weird I just got back from the library where I picked up The Great Escape....wish I could make the noise from the Twlight Zone. Even stranger while I'm typing this I'm reviewing some answering machine tapes I found and aparently they belonged to a guy named Shane who worked in my favorite bar in Atlanta...now I really need the music, wait whats that cloud darkening the sun no not just the sun the whole place is going dark...hello? Is there anybody out there?
Pataphysician
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 7:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, this is close:

Near the end of THE GREAT ESCAPE these two Nazis sit down at an outdoor cafe in Paris and order Pernod. They get the glasses, the water carafe, and just as they are louching this carload of Resistance fighters drive up and blow the Nazis away.

"Your Nazi peeg snouts weel nevah touch zee pride of France!!" They don't say that, but they should have.
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, October 20, 2002 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mmmmmm, shriners. They go well with A1 Steak Sauce.

Dead whores are better with a nice cream sauce.

Meanwhile, anyone seen any tragic film references to absinthe lately?
Shayne
Posted on Friday, October 18, 2002 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Damn, I thought it was only sleeping.......
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

THE SEPULCHRITUDE
FILM FORUM
IS DEAD...

OH FOR
THE DAYS WHEN
IT DID THRIVE
LIKE A WHORE
AT A SHRINERS
CONVENTION...

heeheehee
Bjacques
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't they remake this movie every few years or so? Like "Overboard" with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell?
Thegreenimp
Posted on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

He should be made to watch repeated screenings of Madonna, in Swept Away......severe torture.
Joalco
Posted on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If there's any justice in the world, he will spend eternity being plugged in the ass with Coor's Light longnecks by each of the people involved in the companies he's been shilling so mightily for. And in the advertising companies. And their families. And their friends. And their pets.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 7:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It got AWK song... It got to be good!

...RIGHT???
Joalco
Posted on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 5:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can only hope that it sets the wheels of social Darwinism a-spinning once again.
Nolamour
Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2002 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

JACKASS - The movie...I knew this would happen.

(PRE-view) What do you guys think? Hit or Miss?
Nilson
Posted on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 - 7:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like the milk in that NYT lady's titty.
Marc
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

poker,

what the hell are you talking about. I posted a
review of RED DRAGON two days ago.

I go to the NY Times forum for my daily dose of idle chatter.
Shayne
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Gotcha, hee hee, hee,...
Pokerface11
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc, Hypocrite. You returned to the old bag, too. And you haven't had a decent film post here in a long time.
Shayne
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think I'm going to take a break form everything and watch the Shawshank Redemption for only my second time. Theres a rarity for ya!
Shayne
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

That was a find! My wife can't stand to look at him I think I'll get her one for Christmas.
Admin
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

speaking of Reservoir Dogs (we were, weren't we? *grin*) ...

http://www.palisadestoys.com/SHOPPINGCART/BIGPICS/RESDOGS/mr.pink400.jpg

the 7" has better face sculpt, but the 12" here I can take Steve Buscemi's clothes off.
Marc
Posted on Tuesday, October 8, 2002 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

well, the geeks from the NY Times film forum have once again returned to the tit of the Old Grey Lady. I don't get it. The place is so uptight.
Shayne
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was an advocate with the homeless community and had a group of people I worked with doing guerrilla housing called the Mad Housers. Former President Carter visited one of the sites we had erected near his library and the next thing I know I'm asked to work with him in a venture call the Atlanta Project so the rest as they say is history. The problems and details arn't something I wish to talk about in this forum but we can IM later if you want to hear more.
Nilson
Posted on Monday, October 7, 2002 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shane, I should have got Reservoir Dogs radio show, but I think I missed Dr. Dolittle, or may have seen bits on the tube. (Unless Degeneres supplied a voice with the Rex Harrison one, which seems unlikely.)

"Consultant to a former president" --?? C'mon, you're not getting off that easy! Tell!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page