Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through October 25, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Sniper suspects arrested » Archive through October 25, 2002 « Previous Next »

Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"EVERYONE will be considered Al Qaeda until proven otherwise."

Soon every mugging will be seen as part of an Al Qaeda plot to destablise the West.

And what about Bush's policy of making no distinction between terrorists and the states that harbour terrorists?

What about Indonesia then? One of the world's major harbourers of anti-Western Islamic terrorist organisations and the US regards it as one of its buddies. Perhaps this is due to good business generated by orders to help Indonesia blast the hell out of the East Timorese? Indonesia was I'm sure very grateful for the F16s Bill Clinton let them have and also grateful for the M16s used to massacre hundreds of peaceful protestors in Dili. If Bush wants to add nations to his 'Axis of Evil' then he ought to be adding Indonesia to his list.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Muhammad is, however, a Nation of Islam convert and Farrakhan follower. hmmmmm..."

All that shows is that one's religious persuasion doesn't make a person any more or less likely to be a psychopatic mother-fucker. Serial killers come in all creeds and colours.
Bjacques
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Whatever the merits of gun control, I don't see how any random citizen being armed would have stopped this guy. "Hey! You're the sniper! BLAM!" Sure. I don't own a gun, but I don't care if other people have them, as long as they're adult about it.

Just be glad this guy fit *none* of the profiles floating around and fed nobody's political agenda. Just another asshole loose in the world. Not any more.
Drinky_Crow
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

And you need a powerful lobbying organization to stand in the way of gun control.

Staying with the pest control theme, gun "control" makes as much sense as pesticide control: it allows the bloodsuckers free reign. If this pair of morons thought the immediate reward for their forays might be a bullet in the head from an armed citizen, they wouldn't have been as eager to proceed. Gun "control" has gone a long way to ensuring more people died than was necessary in this case.
Drinky_Crow
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Who knows how much the military and chemicals have to do with this.

Evil prospers. The military and chemicals conspired to make absinthe an apertif in 1800s France. It should have been left as a mosquito repellent in Algeria where it belonged.
Marc
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

George Dubya's financial chairman in his 1999 presidential campaign was Richard Dyke. Dyke is the CEO of the company that manufactures the assault rifle that the sniper used. Ironically the rifle is called the Bushmaster.
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, Mr. Brady would be doing it, but he's got a hole in his head.
Mogan_David
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

We all need Mrs. Brady to tell us not to run with scisors.

"No I didn't fuck the babysitter, it was the condom that did it."
Pataphysician
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And you need a powerful lobbying organization to stand in the way of gun control.
Zman7
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, but don't forget you need a PERSON to actually pull the trigger first before any of the aforesaid damage may occur.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, October 25, 2002 - 6:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's not the bullet. it's the hole,
the bleeding, the intense traumatic
impact...
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Guns don't kill people, BULLETS kill people.
Mogan_David
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

I think its interesting that Muhammed is a Gulf War veteran. Who knows how much the military and chemicals have to do with this. So far 4 Gulf War veterans have returned to the States and murdered their wives. We are about to start another war.
How mant psychopaths will this one create? War begets war, in more ways than we can imagine.

Marc,

I understand your feelings, but the above statement isn't very fair to the vets who served in the Gulf and in other conflicts. You seem to imply that having fought in a war somehow damages a person, and veterans aren't to be trusted around their wives and children.

It is about as fair to say that black people are likely to murder others and then cite statistics.

Why don't we just agree that it's the Muhammed is a dirty fucking sociopath who deserves to die for his crimes. The guilt is his to bear alone, not other veterans, blacks, muslims, the gun or gun owners.
2loucheltrec
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

don't worry torty if they decide to prosecute here in virginia (i really hope they do) it will be pretty quick ... the only state who could beat us to the punch would be texas but as far as we know the sniper has not commited any crimes there... we do have our quota that needs to be met!
Marc
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think its interesting that Muhammed is a Gulf War veteran. Who knows how much the military and chemicals have to do with this. So far 4 Gulf War veterans have returned to the States and murdered their wives. We are about to start another war.
How mant psychopaths will this one create? War begets war, in more ways than we can imagine.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Heh heh...
Tortainglese
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

My parents and oldest sister live in the suburbs of washington DC. I have been worried sick about them. I dont care why the sniper did it or who he is affiliated with. makes no difference to me. If these are the men responsible, I say off with their heads as soon as possible.
Pataphysician
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, witness the White House desperately trying to link Saddam to Al Qaeda. From now on, EVERYONE will be considered Al Qaeda until proven otherwise.
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Neither Muhammad nor Malvo was believed to be associated with the al-Qaida terrorist network or with James Ujaama, the Seattle Muslim being held on a federal terrorism charge.

Muhammad is, however, a Nation of Islam convert and Farrakhan follower. hmmmmm...
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Let's hope they've got him and it isn't another fuck-up.

And what about the press? Despite the FBI saying there is no evidence to link the shootings to Islamic terrorism, the press are trying their best to suggest the shootings are linked to Al Qaeda.
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 10:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, they finally caught the bastard...and wouldn't you know it...there is a NEW ORLEANS connection. His ex-wife is still here. The news is all over her house today and only her lawyer will talk.
Bjacques
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, well I used to live in DC, and I've got good friends who live in Takoma Park, MD, where one of the killings happened.

Those guys obviously had nothing to do with the killings. Another one yesterday morning.
Crowlyman
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I am no where near the sniper quest, yet am totally into the media hype. I have no clue why, other than the fact that they pound the facts into my skull with Brett Favre accuracy.
Petermarc
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

New twists in sniper case
Sources: Two men in custody had no direct link to sniper case

...ooops, wrong party!
Thegreenimp
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 7:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The major news orgs. are reporting two people arrested.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page