Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

International e-BayTrading

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » International e-BayTrading « Previous Next »

Absinthespoon
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A good fast alternative is c2it, although it will cost you $10, and their exchange rates suck. But the seller will get a bank cheque in euros and he will be happy.
Petermarc
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

it's a french thing...computers 'n buying stuff...they just don't like it...
Crosby
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've found that many French sellers are resistant to Paypal, even when I've offered to pay the commission. I don't understand why they're opposed, especially now that you can specify payment in US dollars, Euros or GBP. I wonder if it's a language thing or just overly complicated for people outside the USA.
Petermarc
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

he can exchange it, but it will cost him too much (he must have thought that an international money order would be in euros)...i would tell him to send back the MO, and then you will send him the cash (better to do paypal)
Sambeau
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I bought an item on eBay France. Prior to bidding, I asked seller if he would accept an international postal money order (USD). He said yes. Now he says he can't exchange it and wants me to send cash. He will send the money order back with the item. Should I be suspicious about his inability to cash the money order?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page