Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Happy Halloween

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Happy Halloween « Previous Next »

Raschied
Posted on Monday, November 4, 2002 - 5:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've got a video of the Dokumon commercials from Japan. I'll have to put it on an FTP site somewhere - It's about 47 MB.
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, November 3, 2002 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hmmm, I think I've seen you two somewhere before!

godkills
_Blackjack
Posted on Sunday, November 3, 2002 - 7:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

domo
Me and my girlfriend.
Traineraz
Posted on Sunday, November 3, 2002 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Nolamour,
Is that green in your glass Emile 68? I ask because the Emile 68 that I have is NOT green, it it is very light yellow.

More importantly, who's who in the pictures?
Petermarc
Posted on Saturday, November 2, 2002 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

my trick that night was tasting tequila made by mari mayans...had i not known it was supposed to be tequila, i would not have guessed...
Nolamour
Posted on Saturday, November 2, 2002 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Zman,

No, the very fine green you see is the product of a sample gift I received from a friend. The Emile was not used in these pictures.

The Emile is as you described.
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Happy Halloween, time for some Serpis !
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

. . . and here I got no trick-or-treaters. I was even considering handing out Fudgsicles. MUHUHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

(I might do well to point out here that it was in the 70s in Tucson last night. Why not make your treat into a trick?)
Zman7
Posted on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nolamour,
Is that green in your glass Emile 68? I ask because the Emile 68 that I have is NOT green, it it is very light yellow.
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

October 31, 2002

Donning our low-key Hallow's Eve garb, we started out the night by bringing the ladies out for a nice dinner at a quiet spot overlooking St. Charles Ave. We then returned to "Cafe Bond" for a little nip of the Verte. The juice flowed and the readings began. Next out to The House of Shock for a little night fright. Finally, end the night prowling around a (rumored) haunted house. Made for a great evening. See the link:

http://www.neworleansvenue.com/Lheureverte.html
Barsnake
Posted on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I like sitting on the porch in full face mask and costume with a bowl of candy and a sign saying "Take only one piece" Then when some kid grabs a handful - you reach out and grab his arm...
That really gets 'em
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, November 1, 2002 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Rachied...Good story, I can relate...We want Pictures!

By the way, I am uploading pictures from our Halloween excursion to show. Keep an eye out.
Raschied
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

When I was a kid, I always looked forward to Halloween. It's my favorite holiday by far. We used to go Trick-or-Treating in a small neighborhood where every house was haunted, every door was answered by grownups in costume, and you could aways count on the werewolf jumping out and scaring you from the house on the corner.

My parents had to watch the candy closely, as there were alread the needle scares and the razor blades, but for us kids, the candy was just a bonus. The real fun was going house-to-house and staying out late looking at all the costumes.

This year, I decided to do the house right. I've owned this place for 4 years, and have never had the time or moolah to pull it off right. This year, I bought supplies over the past 6 months, and made it look good - pumpkins and strobe lights, cobwebs and fog machines, and the piece de resistance - Me in a "Skull Rider" outfit sitting on my Intruder 1400 next to the front porch.

All these years of riding in Coach on cross-country airplane trips has given me a great ability. I can sit perfectly still for long lengths of time. I sat on the motorcycle all night, staying completely still, until the kids got close enough.

Half the fun is listening to the kids,

"Wait, that's a real guy!"
"No it's NOT. It's FAKE."
"Fine, then you go up and touch it."
"NO WAY. Get your brother to do it."
"Look, just go knock on the door."
"I'm not walking past that thing!"
"Fine. I'll do it."

Ahh. My cue.

"WOULD YOU LIKE SOME CANDY?!"
"AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

My childhood was made of legends like these, and hopefully tonight, I made some new ones for the local kids. Happy Halloween, everyone.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page