Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Kubler 57

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Kubler 57 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 08, 2002Perruche_Verte25 11-8-02  12:48 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mclion
Posted on Sunday, December 8, 2002 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Now available from www.LaFeeVerte.de
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 6:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Giovanni. The forum hereby declares itself "unteased".
Giovannigray
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

As promised (or teased), I actually did undertake a blind taste-test of the Kubler 45 versus the 57 of which I finally had a chance to partake.. The results..

On three different occasions, I was able to distinguish them accurately. Before I get into their differences, it's worthwhile to note, with apologies to Gertrude Stein that a Kubler is a Kubler is a Kubler. They're essentialy variations on the same product..but there are some subtle differences.. So, here are my (very unscientific) impressions:

1. Color and Louche: Identical..which is what made a blind testing so easy.

2. Aroma: Out of the bottle, the 57 seems to have less of that overcooked schmell, but only marginally less. After adding water, the 57 developed a stronger anise "nose" than the 45.

3. Flavor..I found it easiest to tell them apart by flavor. The empyreumatic (sp?) flavor which can dominate the 45 is less pronounced in the 57. It's still there, but it is more effectively counterbalanced by the anise and a bitterness (which I like) which almost doesn't exist in the 45. In fact, it tastes like Segarra without the "butterscotch", (which for me is a good thing) which leads me to believe, that aside from anise and wormwood, there ain't much else happenin' in the Kubler 57.

So, IMHO, the bottom line is as follows: If you haven't tried Kubler, and would like to, go for the 57. Its flavor is superior to the 45. If you've had the 45, and like it, you may find the 57 even better..but they're very similar, really.

On the other hand, if you really dislike the 45, the 57 probably won't change your mind.
Vortex
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I got my Kubler 57 last week. I can't tell you if it's the same as the 45 since I haven't tried the 45 but I will say I do like it quite a bit. There was a bit of stinkiness as was described in Ted's review but it somehow has disappeared after the first or second day that I had it. I'll leave the detailed reviews to some of the more experienced posters and pallets.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 4:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Teaser post.
Giovannigray
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Okay, the Kubler 57 arrived yesterday.. Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to taste it until the weekend. I'll post my impressions of it as soon as I can. (I was thinking of doing a blind taste test to see if it's discernibly different from the 45.)
Zman7
Posted on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

enhalt=contains
Nascentvirion
Posted on Saturday, November 9, 2002 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I looked at the back of my bottle of 45.. couldnt make sense of it. I did see Exhalt Thujone. Whatever the hell that means ?
Bob_Chong
Posted on Friday, November 8, 2002 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

PV--lay off the Art Bell for a few days and you will return to normal.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Friday, November 8, 2002 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've been a little on edge since Paul Wellstone's plane went down. I suspect it was no accident.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page