Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

It's here, It's here! Christmas is r...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » It's here, It's here! Christmas is reeaaalllly early. « Previous Next »

Louched_liver (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 1497

Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 7:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Chill.
Where once I was lost, I now come back to pee.
Audesapere (Audesapere)
Paysan
Username: Audesapere

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just ordered from Markus. First order, first absinthe. What a nice guy! He was very helpful and patient. Anyone else have a problem with the paypal description saying absinthe? Or is it just me, a nervous newbie who's afraid that the big bad wolf will see that she is having absinthe shipped to the US?
Mclion
Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, this was changed, when I started offering th 0.5l bottle - some weeks ago...

Finally the 1.0l bottle is available again!

Markus
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 8:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hmmm...

Quite interesting...since my F. Guy confusion, the picture of the 1L has been changed to the .5L on the site - coinciding with the description. Wish it was that way upon my ordering.
Drinkslinger
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

That reminds me of a joke:

What do you call someone who speaks 3 languages.. trilingual.

What do you call someone who speaks 2 languages..
bilingual.

what do you call someone who speaks only 1 language...
American
Mclion
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm presently working on a completely new website which is going to be bilingual, without frames and eaven easier to navigate then the present one.
There's going to be a new shopsystem for national and international customers together.

The present one for international customers in not based on a database and is rather complicated to update. Therefore I tend to wait until early 2003 to do a completely relaunch.

Please use the "comments" for adding some of the new products to you order meanwhile.

Many thanks!

Markus
Drinkslinger
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

If you're ordering the 1L bottle of F.Guy from Markus you need to make sure he knows you want the 1L bottle. The "International" form does not have a 1L box yet... just the .5L. There is a section on the order form for comments. I usually add important item descriptions there. You can e-mail him as well. Response time is quick.
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

It survived...

The 3 bottles made it from Deutschland. I, however, thought I was purchasing the larger bottle of F. Guy and ended up with the .5 cl. I wondered why it was such a good price. DAMN, the details!

Just glad it wasn't a wet mess.
Drinkslinger
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dripping package... I just got one yesterday:-( Fortunately it wasn't the F.Guy, Segara, or Pernod 68% (it was the Lasala). Still... it was a bummer!
Nolamour
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I get home today to find a postal note on my door. "Package waiting at the post office" from Markus. Woo Hoo!

Hopefully, when I get to the post office tomorrow, the package isn't dripping.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus, I received my 50% replacement today. Thank you.

I still maintain it is not good business practice to give only half credit to the customer when it's the vendor's fault.

OK, enough said, time to move on.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It was an address at one of those Mailboxes Etc. type stores that I used for 3 months. I'm not sure if you can submit a change-of-address for those or not. I didn't, because I did not expect any other packages there.
Drinkslinger
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm just curious.... What address did Markus ship to? An old address, or one that has never been yours?
Absinthespoon
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 6:55 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus, I wasn't going to post the details of this here on the forum, but since you opened the door on that, I think the forum should hear my perspective.

The original order and the first 50% replacement, you sent to a different address than the one I gave you with the order - how is that the fault of my country or a stupid postman?

At least you could have told me you were arbitrarily shipping to an old address. I didn't find out that you didn't ship to my good address until 2 months later.

You said you can't ship to PO boxes, yet my partner got a package from you at that very same PO box, no problem, delivery in 4 or 5 days (I still have the box if you want to see.)

I think normal business practice is, you send the order to the address the customer gives you when they pay you. If the customer gives you a PO box with their order, and you don't want to ship to that address, you contact them and tell them there is a problem.

I'm still hoping the second "replacement" shows up. Since I have no idea when you sent it (or which address you used), I don't know yet whether it's late.
Drinkslinger
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 5:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

When I placed an order with https://www.lafeeverte.de the Paypal request never came through either... could be something wrong with Markus' site? I sent the money request off myself. All you need is the total and an e-mail address.
Mclion
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

To me Lasala is still very good for the money. It's one of that rare sorts, that aren't artificially coloured which means a lot to me. You can't compare that to Segarra that's for sure...

Markus
Mclion
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 1:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Absinthspoon,
I've sent two replacement shippings. I really cannot do more!

If these didn't arrived I'd blame it on the policy of your country or a stupid Postman...

Markus
Mclion
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Nolamour,
I've never got an order from you... Maybe something went wrong with the orderform. Please try again - I'm sure that you're going to be satisfied with the products and the service.

Markus
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lasala: Very strong lemon oil taste, with anise, fennel and a hint of wormwood. Less sweet than Deva, but I found the lemon annoying after a while. Probably a good summer drink with lots of ice, but not in my top five.
Nolamour
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I created an order about a month ago...never did receive the PayPal request. Just went back to SC.
Drinkslinger
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes Markus does "rule". The only problem is that with such a large selection of easily accessable Absinthe I may find myself over-indulging a bit too often :-)

I've had Kubler (45%), La Blanche, Ulex, Deva (50%), and a taste of real La Bleue in Switzerland. I'm considering F.Guy, Segarra, and Pernod 68% for my next order. Does anyone have any other recomendations??? What's the consensus on Lasala? BTW, while I like anise, I find the Deva 50% is a bit too much like sambucca (sweet).
I want to try it all (eventually) but at least start with the "good" stuff.
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus rules.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I had some problem ordering in Canada but it was because of customs. Anyway, Markus is a gentleman and we found an acceptable arrangement.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Weird and frustrating. I hope those problems get solved. Has this happened to anyone else?
Joalco
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've long since given up on the four bottles I should've received in July.

Markus did try to make things right, but I'm a little gunshy to order again...

In fact, I haven't ordered any absinthe since.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lucky you. I am still waiting for an order from August that he sent to the wrong address.
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 4:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tell me about it! Last Friday, I too ordered a big box from Markus. ECONOMY shipping, mind you. I was resigned to waiting 20 days or so. Lo and behold, the box arrived on Tuesday: 4(!) days after I'd ordered it. Germany to Chile in less than a week! Danke, Markus!
Drinkslinger
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Man it was just like Christmas. I drove home from work and there on my front doorstep was a package. I thought to myself,"Could it be"? I got closer, and closer... Yup' My box w/4 bottles of Absinthe had arrived!
My hat's off to you Markus. I'm sure the order went through late Tues., yesterday was a holiday, and it arrived today. Thats... 4 or 5 days depending on when you shipped. I can't get a package from Florida that fast.
Please, a round of applause for Markus!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page