Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through November 12, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » November Ebay Junk » Archive through November 12, 2002 « Previous Next »

Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Funny asshole "which is very bitter" ya right...very bitter when you don't distill it properly.
Crosby
Posted on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

This guy is funny: Make Your Own Absinthe - Why waste $ on a kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1786744564

His previous offering: How to Make Pipe & Bong Informational CD Rom

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=718273529
Crosby
Posted on Saturday, November 9, 2002 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The soap opera continues. Wolffile has changed his name to Absinthemafia, obviously a lurker here. Optimalsmarts is on the ropes, every time they list a bottle the auction gets cancelled. Their site is up and running, no bargains to be had there. My take on this is that it's one mans campaign to stop the ebay absinthe trade.
Sambeau
Posted on Friday, November 8, 2002 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Then again, maybe not. I just noticed a new crop of them with a new and improved disclaimer.
Sambeau
Posted on Friday, November 8, 2002 - 6:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Looks like e-Bay dropped the hammer on those optimalsmarts full bottle sales.
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, November 8, 2002 - 4:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"and the photo is of a kübler 45°"

AND the photo was lifted directly from SC's website.
http://www.spiritscorner.com/scriptsing/buscar.asp?K=Detalle&IdProducto=3340SC

SC hasn't yet posted its own photo of Kübler's new 57%, so it's still using a picture of the 45%.
Bob_Chong
Posted on Thursday, November 7, 2002 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Registrant:
Optimalsmarts, Inc.
Charles Kountz
7071 Warner Ave.
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Created Mon Oct 28 11:02:20 2002
Bob_Chong
Posted on Thursday, November 7, 2002 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

From optimalsmarts:

"PUT YOUR NAME ON MY WAITING LIST FOR THE NEW
JADE ABSINTHE COMING OUT SOON!"
Pataphysician
Posted on Thursday, November 7, 2002 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I say, “How much you want for that?” I go into the store,
Man says, “Three dollars.” “All right,” I say, “Will you take four?”

- Bob Dylan
Drinkslinger
Posted on Thursday, November 7, 2002 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I contacted that e-bay seller about a week ago. He/she (Lauren) claims to have family in Europe that sends bottles. Offered to sell me a bottle of La Bleue for $250... so generous;-)(sarcasm). Their webpage is forthcoming???
Http://www.optimalsmarts.com

After I probed further, and made it apparent that I wasn't some neophite-e-bay-moron, she gave me better info.

When I asked about pricing there was this response. "My prices are 60$/bottle plus shipping on almost all of them. Its not the deal of the century but its what makes it worth all of the trouble. I get around 80-120 for most of them but 60$ is the lowest i will take".
... gee you'll take $60 but usually get $110... duh..umm.. I'll take one for $125 :-)

Lauren seemed quite willing to do business off e-bay. Quick turn around in e-mails... YMMV

I ordered from LaFee since all the posts I had read seemed to infer it was a good place. Now I wait...
Petermarc
Posted on Thursday, November 7, 2002 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

and the photo is of a kübler 45°
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, November 7, 2002 - 7:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

There's a seller doing exactly that with a bottle of the new "Kubler 57". He/she will probably order it from SC five minutes after the auction's over. A fun read: the seller's mind-boggling verbal gymnastics (all to avoid eBay's wrath).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=732487775

Not to mention the auctions for "La Fée" ... and "Mari Mayans" ... and "Segarra". Can you say "unlicensed liquor distributor"?
Sambeau
Posted on Thursday, November 7, 2002 - 6:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

These e-Bay "Absinthe Dealers" are probably setting a reserve to cover the price of the product plus shipping. When they get your money, they simply hit the European dealer sites, order the stuff and have it shiped directly to you from their personal, "Secret European Absinthe Distilleries".
Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, November 5, 2002 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe it was a link to www.feeverte.net?
Crosby
Posted on Tuesday, November 5, 2002 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The absinthe mafia strikes again! A seller named Wolffile had a dutch auction for 100 lists @ $6.00 a piece containing 20 websites that sell absinthe. He stated that absinthe shouldn't be a secret thing and that all the ebay sellers were overcharging for theirs. Since he sells bottles on ebay, I guess it was a reaction to the flood of new sellers. He must have pissed some of the other sellers off though, it didn't even take 24 hours for the auction to be cancelled. It might be against ebay's rules to sell information.
Lint
Posted on Tuesday, November 5, 2002 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

crosby, what was the auction? its been cancelled..
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Tuesday, November 5, 2002 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

it was just a "figure" of speech.
Pataphysician
Posted on Tuesday, November 5, 2002 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, the Ass Fountain is sold seperately.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Tuesday, November 5, 2002 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sweet ass fountain
Crosby
Posted on Monday, November 4, 2002 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The cat's out of the bag.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=732202241
Crosby
Posted on Monday, November 4, 2002 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

One of the sellers, who goes buy the ebay name "optimalsmarts", is the guy who bought Jabi's bottle of old pastis that he was selling as vintage Pernod. Pretty optimally smart.
Zman7
Posted on Monday, November 4, 2002 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

These individuals selling absinthe on Ebay may become the bane of our absinthe existence. It may bring unwelcome attention to our libation.
Crosby
Posted on Monday, November 4, 2002 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A bunch of domestic seller have flooded ebay with bottles of absinthe, effectively dropping the prices. One might be able to get a bottle cheaper in the USA than having it shipped from Europe. That is if any of these brands appeal to you.
Crosby
Posted on Saturday, November 2, 2002 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

See the "DEVA, we hardly know ya" thread.
Lint
Posted on Saturday, November 2, 2002 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=730378081

Larsand Absinthe?
Never seen this type. any good?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page