Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Campari vs. Serpis?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Campari vs. Serpis? « Previous Next »

Traineraz
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, if the only difference is the anise, perhaps anisette and Campari . . . hmmm . . .
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe the component of RED?
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 8:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Similar is not equal. The similarity is the bitter orange peel kind of taste. Of course you have to be able to put the anis taste out of focus.

Try using 1oz of Serpis65 with 1/2 oz of Campari, add sugar and water and taste. You will see that the campari dilute the anis taste but doesn't bruise the taste at all otherwise.

It's not the same but there's something in it that is similar. I would say at least one component is the same.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

GO SERPIS BOY, GO!!!
Yes! Another soldier
in the red army!
Crosby
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm with you Trainer, I don't see the similarity either. Timing is a funny thing, I'm drinking Serpis 65 tonight. I haven't had any in close to a year and thought I'd get another bottle. It may not be traditional, but I think it's quite enjoyable.
Traineraz
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Back in October, Unkie Wolfie said:

Quote:

Campari is close to Serpis absinthe, which is not a traditional kind of absinthe IMO. I'm not saying it is bad but it is not traditional.

Tried it. I fail to see any similarity other than color, Unkie Wolfie.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page