Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Tarragona Glasses from Spirits Corner

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Tarragona Glasses from Spirits Corner « Previous Next »

Spiritscorner
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We want to make the anouncement that we are going to change the packing. Now that we have sent a few boxes with Tarragona glasses and that a few of them have arrived broken, we will change the box so as to guarantee more safety.

We hope that from now on they will arrive in perfect conditions.

Best regards,

Federico
Absinthespoon
Posted on Thursday, December 5, 2002 - 6:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Petermarc, why do you think they poured the absinthe dose over the ice before the water? This is interesting...
Absinthespoon
Posted on Thursday, December 5, 2002 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And Cristina is replacing my broken items as well. Their super customer service makes loyal customers!

Also to clarify (because I had an email about this) when I said $150 per set, I meant that for 6 sets it was about $300 including shipping, and since only 2 survived...
Thegreenimp
Posted on Wednesday, December 4, 2002 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A.,.....Yes, One glass and brouille was broken in shipping. Christina at SC, is sending a replacement.
Jay
Aion
Posted on Wednesday, December 4, 2002 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jay,

did you receive all 6 glasses
in mint condition, or was the
one not shown in your pictures
broken?

A.
Petermarc
Posted on Wednesday, December 4, 2002 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

the more i read, the more i believe that a sugar cube was placed over the hole, cracked ice was placed in the dripper, the dose of absinthe was poured over the ice, then water was filled up to the top of the dripper...the melted sugar will block the hole a bit and slow down the drip...this was the american/spanish method, it doesn't seem to have been too popular in france(although these drippers exist (rarely) in glass and metal versions-i have never seen a metal dripper cup for sale, except the terminus), since the french had so many other cool gadgets (and experienced waiters) to mix their absinthe...
Thegreenimp
Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Exactly, you place the sugar cube over the hole, (If you are using French sugar tablets, break them in half before placing them over the hole)
Clint
Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

So...how do you add sugar? I don't get it. You just put a cube in at the hole in the brouille?
Absinthespoon
Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I received my glasses from SC today, via FedEx in a pine box (!) without much in the way of padding. 4 out of 6 glasses broken, 2 out of 6 brouilles broken, 1 of 2 bottles broken... Damn... I've written to Cristina to ask if there is any coverage.

The unbroken glasses are really really lovely, I just don't know if they're worth $150 each!

Plus I screamed at my other half, now there's really going to be hell to pay...
Thegreenimp
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, the lid came from from a reproduction depression glass straw dispenser, that met with an untimely end. The lid fits the fountain quite well.
I also used a glass candle holder, with three small clear EMA hemi heads epoxied to the underside of the candle holder, this allows my Chope Yvonne glasses to fit under the small fountain.
Jay
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks!

It was a good idea to create a "lid" for your absinthe fountain. Is it a lid from a straws dispenser?
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Cool! Thanks!
Thegreenimp
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

photo5

Last shot before I drank the Emile.
If you like to use sugar, wet the cube before you fill the brouille, it seems to work similiar to having a fountain.
The glasses are quite nice, and as Peter mentioned, this is the best chance to get a glass and brouille at a reasonable price.
Jay
Thegreenimp
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

photo4

One last photo, Glass with Emile
Thegreenimp
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Louche
Thegreenimp
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

photo3
Thegreenimp
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

photo2
Thegreenimp
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

photo1

The Glasses & Brouilles
Thegreenimp
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes,.....though I suppose the French collector who bought it may not be as happy.
I see the price on eBay has dropped.
Jay
Chevalier
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Aren't you glad you lost that eBay auction?
Thegreenimp
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

At great personal sacrifice, I am currently testing the glasses & brouilles, with some Emile 68,.....I'm shooting some photos of the glasses right now.......more to follow, stay tuned.
Jay
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Don't be silly, our taste buds are at the height of their powers in the mid-morning... also, the light is better.
Thegreenimp
Posted on Friday, November 29, 2002 - 8:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, these are quite nice......a full review with photos will come a bit later in the day. (10:14 am is a bit too early to test them out)
Jay

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page