Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through December 04, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Un Emile 68 Edition Speciale "Sapin" » Archive through December 04, 2002 « Previous Next »

Mclion
Posted on Wednesday, December 4, 2002 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe the "in" after the second letter...
Chevalier
Posted on Wednesday, December 4, 2002 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pardon my ignorance ... but what's the connection between pine and gin? I thought that gin was made with juniper berries.
Wolfgang
Posted on Wednesday, December 4, 2002 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

First order in many months... We will see...and taste !
2loucheltrec
Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

gotta love that pine fresh scent!
i'm with tavvy, i love my gin. i'm still waiting for the funds to be transfered to paypal... then off to order. i do have one question ian, just how many bottles are in one batch?
Giovannigray
Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, now I know what to do with my Oxygenee. I just have to wait for the needles to dry on the ole Christmas tree, puree and mix.

Actually, I ordered two bottles of the Emile Sapin, so the Oxy will continue to fester.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OK, I admit to imbibing an occasional Anchor Steam Christmas brew. Very clove-y.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I love maple liquor.
I love pumpkin beer.
I love my mustard-
knockwurst aquavit.
And I know I will
love this new "pine tar"
absinthe.
Wolfgang
Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have been drinking fir flavored absinthe for about 6 months and I can assure you it is an amazing mix...if there`s not too much fir...otherwise it`s like drinking a chrismas tree. Just a little bit and it`s really great.

Anyway, it will be an interesting product to taste...
Absinthespoon
Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm really looking forward to this now! (I should have ordered 2 bottles...) I had a taste of sapin liqueur at Petermarc's and I liked it very much. It will be interesting to see what it tastes like in the context of absinthe.

At least I'm glad that "in the spirit of the season" doesn't mean pumpkin pie spices like they add to Christmas beer (if you're not American, you won't know what I mean, and it's just as well).
Zman7
Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I too am looking forward to adding this to my collection, and of course, tasting it.
Tavarua
Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm looking forward to it, I enjoy the pininess of gin. Sounds like a nice combo of flavors
Petermarc
Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2002 - 8:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

sapin liqueur is one of my favorites from the pontarlier region...a friend of mine, whom i am now godfather to his grand daughter, brought me out to his yard near pontarlier one morning and pulled a fresh green bud off of a pinetree, bit it, and then handed it to me...all i could think of was the yule gibbon's commercial, 'ever eat a pine tree?' but was quite surprised that it was good: tender, a little sweet, and certainly edible...he told me he was going to try to distill some in the spring...unfortunately, he now has lung cancer and is not in good shape...the last time i visited him was with ekmass and ted, when we went to boveresse, and as he lit up a cigarette, i knew he had given up the ghost...he is a master at gentiane and 'gratte cul' (literally, 'scratch-ass' which is distilled from rose hips) i was sure that he would be a master at sapin and absinthe, but this doesn't look like the case anymore...so...
we suggested to the pernots to add pinebuds (sapin)and other balancing plants to the distillate, to make something special that would have a 'holiday' spirit, but also taste great and possibly follow some earlier experiment of the same type from times past...if this was never done before, it should have been...ekmass told me after imbibing in the sapin liqueur itself one night, that it had definite secondary effects on its own...regardless, it is really tasty...don't add it to eggnog, though (well maybe, but i haven't tried since it is unknown in france)-advocaat?-well, yes, it does work as a matter of fact, like the french used orgeat(almond syrup) in a 'bureau arab'... i am trying some right now, i suggest that NO ONE be allowed to drive home after this...creamy, actually too easy to drink, if you're into this kind of thing...
i tasted an eau-de-vie this weekend made from holly berries, but, as i told the cute alsacienne girl from the winery that made it, it was like having a christmas festival slapped in your face...
Tavarua
Posted on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The email went out, but it probably ended up in your junkmail folder. That's what happened to me, I caught it by luck. I have hotmail, but I suspect that is what happened to a lot of people, regardless of service used.
Crosby
Posted on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 10:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Prexactly!
Giovannigray
Posted on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ah..So this is pine-flavored absinthe just in time for Xmas..
Thegreenimp
Posted on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

By Petermarc on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 03:55 am: Edit

distilled pine-buds...sapinlicious!
Thegreenimp
Posted on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Do a keyword search on the forum and Sapin will become clearer
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

Production is initially limited to one batch, so I
am letting all of our existing customers know before it goes live on our
website.

OOPS!
Giovannigray
Posted on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

No..I was just doing my nightly absinthe-website perusal and discovered it. By the way, my online French-English dictionary translates "Sapin" as "fir"...

I want to know more.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Something's fishy!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

No... They don't tell me anything.
Thegreenimp
Posted on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did you get the e-mail announcement about it?
Giovannigray
Posted on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yup.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, December 1, 2002 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You mean this one?

ovah heyah!
Giovannigray
Posted on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Looks like our friends at absintheonline.com have a new product: Un Emile 68 Edition Speciale "Sapin". The website has a very brief description of it.."the colour is achieved naturally by soaking plants in the distillate...", and the pic next to the description indicates a greener louche than that of the regular Emile 68.
(Brief digression: I opened a bottle of Emile 68 last night that I've kept sealed for a few months..wonderful, rich, complex flavor..really special. )

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page