Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through December 10, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Arts & Other Philosophical Sundries » Modern Absinthe Destroys The Creative Spirit » Archive through December 10, 2002 « Previous Next »

Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I turned that strumpet out ages ago. That's why she needed all that money she scammed-to pay for rides on my central unit.
Nolamour
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fuck Martha...someone will soon.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was speakin' about Forum specific Martha Stewart shit.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

10-4
Nolamour
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, I've planned many a party before I found out about this forum...that's what we do here in tha South. You are correct about the shit that happens that you don't know will happen, but it does.
My story goes: Invite 3 people...and 300 show up. Invite 300 and you might get one to amble in that can't stay long.

I'll keep your email handy if I need some pointers. However, with my schedule, I probably wouldn't want to do ANY party planning.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dearest Marcykins,
I understand your attempt to bring vigor w/movie and music musings, but, just because a topic is "interesting" doesn't mean the discussion about it will be. I remember Head writing about a subject as mundane as going down to the 7-11 for to make a Slerpis, and this was ages ago, before he was a deity, and it was hilarious. Why? Because he is brilliant. And if you don't believe me, just talk to him-he tells you he is every 5 minutes.
Anyway, fuck worrying about the subject, is the conversation enlightening, amusing, does it piss you off enough to post, etc...
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 5:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

I just thought eventually it would happen.

No Lam, that be the problem-Shit DOES NOT just happen. Not the kinda shit you want to happen. Just the shitty kinda shit that fucks your shit up, that shit just happens.
If you want to set something up for New Year's '04, yeah, you better start now. Times Square at midnight? I'd be there.
You want advice, pointers, a pep talk on launchin' a soiree? Gimme an e-mail.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 5:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Uncle" and "Friend" shouldn't be in the same sentence.
Uncle
Posted on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I already miss my friend.
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I signed up about a month before the NYC gathering and chimed in during the rise and fall of the Pikkle. I miss him and didn’t even know him…The only person I've met from the forum is the NOLA Scientist, but I always hoped to make a gathering, be it mine or someone else's. I just thought eventually it would happen.

Damn, I know I’m not the Grand Poobah de la forum and I missed most of the wild ride that you guys always talk about, but this forum has always been quite informative. Isn't that what it was supposed to be? In my beginning, I always saw the names like “Kal”Admin, L-Liver, 2Louche, and so on... Today I see LA Film Buffs, Arizona Gardeners, and A Body without a Skull. What’s the fuck’n difference?

Let’s ALL plan a huge Gathering! That’ll give us something MORE to talk about. Tortie and I were talking about an Opera Gathering, but that would only swing a few…we should take a years worth of planning and set a date for New Year 2004. (That is, if the world is still here). Eh fearless leader?

I can talk forever, fucking
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can fuck forever, talking.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I can talk for fucking ever!!!!
Marc
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Louche,

good to see you. I understand how you feel.

When I first discovered this forum it was simultaneous with my first experiences drinking absinthe. The whole world of the Green Fairy was new and exhilirating. Five years ago, most of the folks posting here were relative newcomers to
Fairyland. It was fresh, rockin' and fun in here.
We also had a wider range of participants in the forum. We had women posting in here, nutty geniuses from Thailand, scientists from NOLA, one-armed absinthe gangsters from L.A., Cajun curmudgeons, and goth girls from the Lone Star state. Lately, the forum has been populated by the usual crew of true believers who check in from time to time to see how things are going...or not going. For me, I'm tired of the flea market ebay threads and endless goofy political chatter. I miss the firey, passionate debates of yore, the arguments and insults, the multi-faceted spew of intelligence and insanity.
I was hoping that the film forum and music forums would come to life, but they really haven't. It seems that the hardcore group that continues to hang here doesn't get out much. So, the film forum has languished and the music forum seems more like an ego trip where people try to impress each other with ultra-obscure play lists. And lets not mention the Star Trek band. Sheesh.
I know I have done my share of whining, but I feel I have earned the right. I have posted 1000s
of words of fiction, madcap prose and sexual memoirs in the forum. I've done my part to try to make sepulchritude vital. Perhaps I/we have just run out of things to say.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OOH! I see piss flaps!!!

Sonar

Hmmm? Looks like a Bat!
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You made your point. Lack of a 'real life' is the health of the Forum.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I used to "live" in this joint. First thing in the morning, 1st thing after work, hitting "refresh" between then and bedtime. Met Deadly Headly face-to-fuckin'-face about a year ago. Partied w/Rabid 4 times, I believe. Met Tavvy a couple times too. Head came out here, to Allentown, last March. Sicboy this summer. Tossed the biggest bash since the fabled NOLA gig at the end of June in NYC-Dozen and a half folks, 2 dozen absinthes. Visited Kalladmin and yet again, Heady P., in August.
And this is my first post in 4 months. I peek in here once in a while, see what's goin' on. I usually don't even read the actual posts, just the thread title and the 1st little snippets, and it doesn't seem worth reading anymore of it. What's changed here? I can't for the life of me figger it out. I know my personal life has gotten immensely more "real". I moved from a sterile highrise down to street level and now have more neighbors, since moving here in June, than I had in 10 years living 11 stories up in the Skybox. I've got a dog, a park to walk it in w/other dog owners, street after street of Victorian homes to ogle, and one down the street w/are moving to in Feb. Band concerts in the park in the warm months. Eagles games to watch w/the boys on Sundays (I haven't given 1/2 a fuck about football in over a decade). Snow to shovel, people to wave at coming and going.
In short-well not so short-I've shut off the computer and gotten that real life HeaPros talks of. But, I still thought I'd have an interest in what goes on here. It just seems nothing goes on here. Yeah, I know, Quit bitchin' and contribute! Well, I never really contributed anything anyway. I just kinda have a knack for getting folks together to party a bit. Which kind of brings the circle around to me meeting so many folks from this here Forum. It spoiled me. It really did. Especially after the NYC GT, or, as I preferred to call it-Fairy Fest. Just posting here seemed kind of hollow. I missed the people behind the typeface. I had told Heady Dumbarr that I thought the Fest would be my swan song here, and I was right. I'd love to hang w/any of my old chums from here again, but it takes such a lot of fuckin' work! The NYC GT was 6 months in the making, believe it or not, and cost me a pretty penny as well.
Seems some other folks felt the same way after New York, because they disappeared as well.
So, what's my point? Fuck if I know, per usual. This thread just kind of hit home. And seeing Brother Rabid apparently in the same boat kinda struck me too.

Long winded like always,
Your lover, your Liver
Admin
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

you forgot to turn on your drunk-hippymc-translation filter. what he really said is "I love you, man" ...
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Campbell,

What is your fucking problem? Isn't it about time you opened another bottle of valium?
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"No, life is when they jam the gun in your mouth or the jackboot in your ass. The gun ALWAYS wins the argument."

Probably, but that's not going to happen via cyberspace so who gives a shit who comes on here. It's not like what's happening here is real.
Admin
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

heh, if I have a bored weekend sometime ...
Pataphysician
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe everything's been written already. It's possible, ya know. I think Kallisti should re-run the Absinthe Forum's Greatest Hits.
Admin
Posted on Sunday, December 8, 2002 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yayayay!!! show please.
Marc
Posted on Sunday, December 8, 2002 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"there's nothing here for you to see."

How about the sock monkey hanging from the knob of my cock?
Admin
Posted on Sunday, December 8, 2002 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

the registration feature has never really been an issue ... the issue was a few people who got nasty enough for me to kick out.

*shrug*

things change ... oh WELL. what we had here was very rare indeed, so I cannot really blame folks for harkening back to the good ole days. but, for reasons I think we all know very well and hopefully some at least *try* to understand, they are gone. but they were dead long before I banned anyone. the anger, suspicion, nastiness, frustration and disgust with people's behaviour killed it alot sooner than me booting a couple assholes.

move along people. there's nothing here for you to see.
Drinky_Crow
Posted on Sunday, December 8, 2002 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It just seemed to me that not caring how the man "feels" while he drags your ass to the paddy wagon, neighbors looking on and saying "but he was such a nice quiet fellow", is the freedom of a fool. And not free for long, at that.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page