Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

JABI2 EXXPOSED !!!!!!!????!!!! GENUIN...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » JABI2 EXXPOSED !!!!!!!????!!!! GENUINE UNOPENED ABSINTHE "PERNOD" BOTTLE" « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 12, 2002Vortex25 12-12-02  6:36 pm
Archive through December 18, 2002Chevalier25 12-18-02  4:42 am
Archive through December 20, 2002Head_Prosthesis25 12-20-02  5:42 pm
Archive through December 20, 20022loucheltrec25 12-20-02  10:40 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Petermarc
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

not me, i know of no establishment in france that will serve anyone a real(clandestine) absinthe, no matter what they call it, nor has anyone i know ever been served (or told me they were served) in that fashion...of course, i don't really try in public places, bad form ...i do know one very nice place in the center of paris that serves émile 45°, but the owner keeps the 68° in the back as a personal stash...
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you, Petermarc. That kind of story provides the mystery that is sometimes absent from this Forum.

Unfortunately the mystery and the availability of absinthe seem to work against each other. My feeling generally is that I'd rather have the absinthe... but that doesn't make for entertaining reading.

Fortunately there is always the clandestine distiller over the next hill, producing the really good stuff that I'll probably never even hear about.

Was it you who posted that story, months or years back, about those rural Provencal drinking places that will sometimes serve "un sucre'" to French-speaking guests?
Petermarc
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

today i had a fine visit to a collector in provence, who has not one but two varieties of oxyegeneé absinthe fountains and an assortment of posters that would make you weep (and most were not even for absinthe.) i picked up a full bottle of oxygenée cusenier (anis) from the 1950's (which also has a fine old smell to the liquid that leaked out of it as it rolled around in the back of the honda 4x4 that my brother-in-law was driving much too fast after a 2-hour lunch accompanied by a fine bottle of chateauneuf-de-pape and poire william eau-de-vie, while listening to edith piaf sung by a local artist at a pre-reserved table that was given to us by the owner since, as he told his hostess, he didn't give a shit about the people who reserved it because his friend had arrived.)
our aperitif (taken in a restored provençal pig farmhouse, lovingly restored into a 1900's style café (which was the collector's private home) was an 'artisanale' blanche from pontarlier which confirms for me 100% that there is as much an unmistakeable style to modern french absinthes as to swiss la bleues...the major difference is that the french do not run the distillation to the tails (as is so commonly done by the swiss that the makers of kübler think it is an actual part of the recipe)and there is a fresh cut absinthe smell (to a lesser degree, found in françois guy) that dominates, which is not really present in the brews of their neutral brothers to the east...i have never met anyone in france who has offered to sell me any, which may also confirm the 'french paradox of capitalism', which certainly applies to clandestine absinthe production; that they want to make money, but don't care if they do or not, and if the product is good, they would rather share it with you than sell it-but if you don't really care, and they sense it, don't expect anything except a good snub...haut-doubs #9 was not a unique creature, but a very good version of a style, and i believe the one i had today was better...i paid for our lunch with mastercard, but the cost of the experience-priceless
Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 5:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, they're out there all right. I can feel 'em lookin' at me from across the Atlantic. Lots of 'em.

You should move fast and have a Boxing Day Rebellion. Catch us lardass colonialists when we are weak-standing in line returning gifts.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 2:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Louche,

"Hobster, rally your fellow EU compatriots for a Forum takeover."

I don't mind leading a charge against you Yanks but I'd like to be confident of having a bit more than thin air behind me before doing so.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2002 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And a merry Midwinter to you Artemis.
Artemis
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"Petermarc, Aion, Ted and even long timer ARTEMIS"

A pause in this cirlclejerk to wish you all a merry Winter Solstice (~8:00 pm Eastern Time in America tonight) while wondering what I did to merit the ALL CAPS. My head hurts. Too much of a bad thing isn't good for anybody (as in, hitting the bottle of Dr. Van Gogh's Patented Ear Remover at noon).
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Marc swings in and outtah here like a fuckin' gate.

Hobster, rally your fellow EU compatriots for a Forum takeover.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 6:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Petermarc, Aion, Ted and even
long timer ARTEMIS
were posting only a few days
ago.

Just goes to show how we come
and go.

Oh yeah! Marc even posted after
his long stay away from the Forum.
Remember way back last week when
you ran him out Hobby?
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 6:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Aion, now that is a blast from the past. Even Petermarc seems to have disappeared.

A couple of years ago there were more people from outside the US than from the US posting here and the number of European and American posters was almost even. Now its virtually turned into an American only forum.

Its about time Europe got off its fucking ass and started posting!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 6:00 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Aion popped in the other day.
I worry about Heiko... Did he
get lost in Castle Wolviestein?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 5:24 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

And, right on cue:
The Hobster.

Yeah, where the fuck are all the Europeans? Your shift is sparsely, if at all, covered anymore. Pick up the slack!!!!!!!!!!
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 4:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Am I the only European left on this forum? It seems that way. There used to be a whole load of us here.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, December 21, 2002 - 4:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Talking of vacations, it's nice to have a job where I am forced to take a holiday from today until 6th January.

The only down side is that the 2 first days back aren't 'training days' like last year where we all sat around drinking coffee, chatting and ignoring some boring 'man in a suit' who was being paid to 'train' us (I can't remember on what).

Still I suppose I shouldn't complain, I'll have loads of opportunities to sleep off many a seasonal hangover.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

GO HOBBY!!!!
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Well, vacation is officially started, I've pissed away how many hours here?

And so, fuck off to bed. The Europeans will be upon us soon.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You missed last call unless
you're thinkin' RAVE?
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You be steppin' off that edge, up into it soon, my jockeyass.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Wait a minute, I do. Just not much to do out in the 'hood in the winter. Hey, fuck this place.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm listening to an angel sleep.

I'm living on the edge of reality.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We'd have real lives!!!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hahaha... what were we thinkin'...
Louched_Liver
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Toodles 2ly.

Well ol' pal, here we are again. And we both said (separately, at one time or another) it would never happen.

More weepin'.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm eatin' salmon ... Yumm.
Can't beat the chicken wings,
ciders, yinglings, etc...
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Bye bye Tooly!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page