Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Premium vodka : which one ?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Premium vodka : which one ? « Previous Next »

Louched_Liver
Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hiya Friend of the Moonman,

Thanks for gifties awhile back. They were very fine.
Wolfgang
Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

...but after a second test with sea food (shrimp, caviar and such...), Belvedere is better...

Anyway, those are all very finely distilled spirit.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Goose me baby! GOOSE ME!!!
Wolfgang
Posted on Sunday, December 15, 2002 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Belvedere : It`s a rye only vodka. A bit bitter but quite enjoyable when we get used to it. Creamy. Nice with a touch of citrus or neat. Beautiful bottle.

Grey Goose : Ultra pure almost to the point of lacking some character but with a pleasant fruity touch to save it all. Incredibly silky. Goes down dangerously well.

I like both but Stoli is still my favorite.
Wolfgang
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Finally got the Goose and Belvedere, those where the ones available where I went shopping, we will see tonight how it goes. I don`t expect it to be a ''good investment'' because for the money, nothing beats Stoli and those other premium vodkas at 40 can$ are almost twice the price.

I also agree that Stoli is great with fruity drinks (excellent mixed 50/50 with freshly pressed and filtered madarine juice). Ketel is better mixed with citrus or tomato juice (bloody ceasar and such).
Uncle
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 8:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

GOOSEY,GOOSEY,GOOSEY,GOO! Go with the goose.But like Headly said the small van gogh vodka pack is a LOT of fun. Peace out... word to your mother.
Thegreenimp
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I tried an Austrian Vodka, Monopolowa, it was a potatoe Vodka...not too bad for Martini's
Jay
Drinkslinger
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

If we're talking non-fruit essence vodka straight... or on the rocks. I prefer Grey goose. To use in Juice or sodas I prefer Stoli. Stoli ras and Stoli O are my 2 favorite flavored vodkas... mmmm good with Red Bull.
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Goose...Cuz that's what the Russians drink in the Sopranos.
Zman7
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

A good vodka? Everclear 190 proof, watered down to 90 proof by artesian well water.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

(to reveal my pitiful ignorance of the spirit in question)

Vodka is pretty much just neutral spirits and water, right? I thought they used potatoes in E. Europe and Russia (and for that matter in Ireland, in poteen) simply because that was the cheapest available starch.

What makes a good vodka 'good', aside from the fact that it's ethanol, and thus good by definition?
2loucheltrec
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

hey wolf-e, my personal of the three would be chopin, it's a real polish potato vodka ... grey goose is super smooth french wheat (i believe) vodka chilled it's like drinking water... belvedere is another polish vodka but it's made from rye and is definitely the worst of the three ... now, if you can find it, for less than half the price compare wyborowa (another polish vodka) against anything listed so far!
Barsnake
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm with you on Stoli & Ketel One - the one of the choices worth a damn is Grey Goose - some of my cronies like it better than Stoli - It is more expensive...
Ride the Goose!
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Get those little airplane bottles
of each and have yourself a little
vodka party!
Wolfgang
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have the choice between Chopin, Grey Goose and Belvedere. Which one shall I take ?

My current favorite is Stolichnaya and I also like Ketel One.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page