Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through December 14, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Sniper suspects arrested » Archive through December 14, 2002 « Previous Next »

Greenmeanie
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here lies Marc C.

A legend in his own mind.

R.I.P.
Admin
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

my mock sexual memoirs

You mean those weren't REAL!?!?! You fictional fuck!

damn.
Marc
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

lord,

don't mistake my frustration at the current state of affairs in the forum as being anything approaching actual agony.

as far as my contribution to the forum in recent months goes, I kickstarted a film forum that went nowhere. I invited a half dozen new people to sepulchritude. They gave it their best shot before coming to the conclusion that the folks in here really aren't interested in film. In fact, if you look around, you'll see, that for a forum as beautifully designed as this one, with such a wonderful theme, the conversation is pretty brain dead. My recent complaining actually got a few people to come back on board and share something other than boytalk and wiseass banter. That lasted for a few hours before the deluge of bullshit returned. In the past few years I've posted a mini-epic, The Head Prophecies, my mock sexual memoirs, Confessions Of An Absinthe Fiend,
and countless reviews of films, books etc. Threads like the listening room, opera,film, books etc., are inactive, while threads on ebay bargains, goofy websites, guns, poop, sock monkeys, and endless political tail chasing, thrive.
I agree with you that if I can't contribute something positive, I should get the fuck out of Dodge. So, adios. I'm outta here...for good.

Peace, Marc
Greenmeanie
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lord H,

SEE!!! Stamping on a players head (not you, HP)!!
VIOLENCE I tell ya! I'd rather go shooting ;-)

Seriously though, since your players are as overpaid as ours, are your tcket prices just as nuts?
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

For someone who isn't miserable you do fuck all but moan and complain when you come on here (either that or talk about the 'wonderful' things you have contributed here in the past). Sit down some time and take a look at all the posts you have contributed here over the past 3 months. You'll find that most of them are full of negativity, bitchiness and moans. If you don't like it here then do yourself a favour and fuck off. Either that or contribute something positive for a change.
Marc
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

actually, I'm pretty happy.
My wife is happy.
Living in Taos is beautiful.
I've been hired to be the music supervisor
on a major film.
I'm opening my own movie theater in a month.
And I'm reviewing dozens of movies for Taos' annual movie festival.
My dogs are healthy.
Life is good.
And when it I isn't, I get naked and look at the stars.

Kallisti and head are visiting me in a few weeks.
I'm sure they'll let you all know just how miserable I am.

Lord,

with the exception of my poke at Trainer the other night, which really was a joke, you are the only one who I have personally criticized. I find you to be a self-righteous, humorless geek. A poseur of the worst sort. A fake and a hypocrite.
If anyone radiates misery in this forum, it is you. Your armchair revolution, your big talk,
your impotent rebellion, would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Green,

"Although your players can get in a little jab and a kick now-and-then, if they are slick."

Like Lee Bowyer from Leeds Utd did when he stamped on a Malaga player's head after fouling him in their recent UEFA cup clash.

Our football players also earn pretty much in a season what an average fan earns in a lifetime.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Campbell,

Were you born a miserable bastard or have you just run out of Prozac?

Kallisti might swallow all the 'Marc can launch unprovoked abuse and insults at people as often as he likes because he's just being affectionate or artistic' or some other load of wank but most of us here see you for what you are, a nasty, miserable old git.
Marc
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

trainer,

thanks for calling me young.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

The brace...

It must be from me cracking haters
in the face for making jokes as we
walk down the street holding hands?

THE SUN SHINES OUT OF OUR BEHINDS!!!!
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Only because you do SUCH a GOOOOD JOB giving me Head in a men's room while you're wearing fishnet stockings, high heels, a tool belt, and a wrist brace.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

BUTT!!! YOU SAID YOU LIKED ALL
THOSE THINGS ABOUT ME????
Traineraz
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Poor Marc. Must be tragic to be so pathetic, bitter, and bitchy at such a young age.

Hate to break it to you, but not all fags like to suck dick in men's rooms, dress in drag, or have limp wrists. None of the ones that suck MY dick do. Well, except for Head, but how can I refuse my studly love monkey?
Marc
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I was just being affectionate.
I'm so misunderstood.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 5:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Mean Mister Marcster

...you're a mean old man.
...dirty old man.

He's right though. You need to go about
600 miles north/east.
Marc
Posted on Friday, December 13, 2002 - 1:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

this is some really fascinating bullshit. you motherfuckers deserve each other.

and trainer, you need to get out of Tucson and start mingling with some hipper faggots. you're
a queer Uncle Tom. Maybe you're only gay in theory. When was the last time you sucked a cock or had your ass buggered?
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, I was a boy scout when I was a kid . . . and at 11 they had us on the rifle range with .22s. I never done shot nobody.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Football hooligans and great beer, Brittania rules the waves!!

I agree that yours is much more egalitarian. Although your players can get in a little jab and a kick now-and-then, if they are slick.

Not only are our players/sport elitist in that only they can pummel themselves but they probably earn more in ONE season than the average fan earns in a LIFETIME!! Not to go too OT but, the stupid fans bitch about player salaries and insane ticket prices and they STILL go to the games!

Bring those hooligans here for a season and let 'em loose on our PLAYERS! Now THAT'S something I'd gladly pay BIG $$ to see.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"BTW, are you talking about your football or ours? Either way, you do know that you ARE advocating physical violence!? ;-)"

Both our types of football are violent except that our football includes a more egalitarian type of violence. In your football the players are the only ones who can engage in violence whereas in our football the players cannot engage in violence and the violence is carried out by the supporters. Much more egalitaran and less elite. Who needs guns when you can become a supporter of Leeds United, Millwall, Leicester, West Ham and many other clubs with enthusiastic supporters?
Greenmeanie
Posted on Thursday, December 12, 2002 - 6:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

LH,

Sorry, my bad.

Giving teenagers guns is a horrid idea. At that age they have already developed all kinds of bad habits. PLUS they have that dreaded disease "know-it-all-itis".

Parents should start them out at a YOUNGER age so they can correctly learn the basic fundamentals of good marksmanship and develope them as they get older.

Take 'em to the range for some one-on-one quality time. Alot of parents I know have chosen that route and their kids turned out just fine!

BTW, are you talking about your football or ours? Either way, you do know that you ARE advocating physical violence!? ;-)
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Greenmeanie,

Nice quote. Let's give all teenagers guns to play with rather than footballs. Very character building.
Lordhobgoblin
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"At the time, yes, I am powerless, but because our constitution places specific limits on police powers, I can sue them in the courts, have any evidence they seized thrown out, and bring them up on charges of violating my civil rights."

The police get sued for wrongful arrest over here and we have no constitution. The police do not have limitless powers over here, there are laws to limit what they can legally do. You don't need a constitution for that.

Does your constitution make your police force more law abiding than ours? I doubt it, not if the footage of the Rodney King affair and other such acts are anything to go by. People over here were shocked by that. As for the jury verdict on it? Well that was hard to believe and demonstrates that the constitution didn't matter a stuff. We have CCTV in our streets and Camcorders as well and your police do seem a tad more brutal and cavalier with citizens rights.

Your constitution was in force in the early 60's but how many black people from Alabama sucessfully sued the police then? Today your constitution protects you no more than it protected Rodney King.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson, Encyclopedia of T. Jefferson, 318 (Foley, Ed., reissued 1967). (Letter to Peter Carr, his 15-year-old nephew, August 19, 1785).
_Blackjack
Posted on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quote:

So what are you going to do if the police do this? Use a firearm, that your constitution allows you to hold for protection, and shoot the police? Constitution or not you're still powerless to stop them if they choose to do this.

At the time, yes, I am powerless, but because our constitution places specific limits on police powers, I can sue them in the courts, have any evidence they seized thrown out, and bring them up on charges of violating my civil rights.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Sunday, December 8, 2002 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Now you're debating swords...

HOW ABOUT WEEK OLD BAGUETTES,
OR BIG BLACK DOUBLE DONGS?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page