Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Celebrating the End of Finals

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Celebrating the End of Finals « Previous Next »

Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did I ever tell you my Grampa's dream?

"I had a dream! My ass was a potato
patch and you were a hog rootin' in it!"
Pataphysician
Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Absinthespoon, I've had that same dream. I don't remember seeing you, though.
Nolamour
Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 7:48 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yep, Last exam was 1994 and I was one hour late. It was a long night. I show up with my hair all a mess and people are filing out that finished early. (I always hated those holier than thou bastards for finishing early) - The Instructor fought with me for another 5 minutes telling me that I wouldn't have enough time to take it, but he let me...just to graduate, I'm sure.
Sambeau
Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 6:40 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I've been out for 10 years. I guess it never goes away. They should come up with a name for that dream. Maybe "pas deja vous" or "post-examaphobia". I guess whatever you anxieties are, they translate into that scenario. I too would tie one on after finals. In my case, it was usually to forget and not to celebrate. Congratulations to you.
Absinthespoon
Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 5:21 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah I've been done with finals since 1978. I still have that goddam nightmare about realizing I am late for the final, and I forgot to attend the last 2 months of classes. Never actually happened, just an irrational fear.
Chevalier
Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 4:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm done with finals, too; been done with them since 1995. I'm still celebrating, though!
Clint
Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

You are a grad student? Thats cool...Thats where I am trying to get to. But with B's that just doesn't seem like it will happen to me. I keep pounding away on the books but these proffs are relentless. Good to hear you did so well.
Traineraz
Posted on Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I finished my last final on Tuesday. I needed a 30% on it to maintain my A average for Site Engineering, but I think I got about a 92 or 94%.

I'm celebrating by rearranging the furniture and creating a filing system for myself. I'm moving toward Minimalism . . . Perhaps because I'm ever so tired of Slobism.
Clint
Posted on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone else done with finals or finishing them up? My last final tonight ran from 8 till 11 and now I am gonna sit here and get hammered. Just a forewarning in case I get a little saucy.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page