Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Road Rage

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » The Monkey Hole » Road Rage « Previous Next »

Clint
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hell no
Dont regret it. You did nothing wrong except maybe the keys. However, throwing the keys was a nice touch. If a person endangers your kids life like that, you do whatever you want. Thats total BS. Had you waited till the cops got there, you could have done more serious damage than you did.
Raschied
Posted on Friday, December 20, 2002 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Okay, the adrenaline has now worn off. I can type again.

On my way home today (in a rainstorm) I turned down one of the residential streets near my house. Suddenly, I was faced with TWO cars coming down the street side-by-side right at me. The Ford Explorer on my side of the street nearly hit my Honda Civic (!) head-on, but passed me on the right at the last minute.

The smart thing to do at that point would've been to count my lucky blessings, and head home intact with my 3 kids, but the adrenaline got the best of me, and I could see that the driver was still barreling down the road on the wrong side. I swung the car around in pursuit, and called 911, trying to get a hold of the CHP.

The woman stopped just a couple of blocks away, after (I assume) her boyfriend got out of the other car. I waited to see what was going on (after all, she could've been chasing down a kidnapper or some such) and heard her yelling at him, "You don't ever treat me like that and drive away blah blah blah..."

I jumped out of the car, ran over to the driver door of the still-running Explorer (she stopped right in the street,) grabbed her keys, and threw them over the nearest fence.

She came at me, and yelled at me - something about getting involved. I unloaded on her, saying she got me involved when she almost ran me and my kids down. She slapped me, and I got back in my car, and drove off.

Now, I'm regretting the whole incident. This all happened in reasonable proximity to my house, and now I'm going to be paranoid about it for a couple of weeks.

I need a drink....

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page