Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

SC - We have 2 vintage bottles available

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » SC - We have 2 vintage bottles available « Previous Next »

Simon
Posted on Thursday, January 2, 2003 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Happy new year!
I'd have to agree. Got my first bottle about 2 months ago and would have to say that it certainly does have a slight similarity to Pernod Fils Tarragona ( Not pernod SA Tarragona), yet slightly more bitter as well as having that Spanish lemon taste. But as it seems anti-badiene, the whole green anise, wormwood and lemon balm mix used is very pleasant. The bottle i have was made in 71'. And i have my reasons to believe that it stopped being made around 1972.
Nolan
Posted on Thursday, January 2, 2003 - 1:06 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

As far as I know Argenti is no longer made.
But, I don't know very much. Am often drunken you see.
Perruche_Verte
Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Is Argenti still made in any form, or is this a defunct brand?
Nolan
Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 6:32 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yes Argenti is pretty interesting. It has a taste somewhat like vintage Tarragona but not exact. To my taste it is lemon and bitter orange flavored. There is something very Gin like in the
taste of Argenti, a sort of menthol like flavor.
I liked it quite a bit so my bottle didn't last very long.
Nolamour
Posted on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Joalco!

Thanks for the info...I'd like to know more about this. Hmmm, I'll have to get a sample myself.
Joalco
Posted on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nola ~

The Argenti is excellent. I was able to sample some a few months back, and have a bottle headed my way soon. It's got a complex flavor not seen often today.
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 2:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Could one of the absinthe historians here give the dates of these bottles?
Nolamour
Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Very cool...Anyone know about this ARGENTI bottle? I'm not familiar and couldn't find anything in my research.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Albert you have carte blanche.
Chevalier
Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 7:42 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Estimado Albert,

It's hard to imagine anyone being angry with you, a seller who has proven himself to be honest and reliable. Your vintage absinthes are a fine antidote to the "antique" snake oil that's been cropping up on eBay recently.
Spiritscorner
Posted on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 7:30 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Dear forum members,
I hope you will not be too angry with me if for once I use the forum to anounce that we have 2 vintage absinthes available, that we will sell through a small auction.

Please go to http://www.spiritscorner.com/ing/auction.htm
and have a look. If anybody has a question, please ask us at info@spiritscorner.com.

Best regards,
Albert
TFSC

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page