Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Curiosity

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Curiosity « Previous Next »

Raschied
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Ya know what's funny - I just had another friend mention the "detoxifying" effect that I experienced with my first glass. I re-visited my hashish experiences of 6 months earlier (I was stuck in Amsterdam on 9/11, so we smoked/ate a LOT) when I had my first glass, but have had very minor "secondary effects" since then.

A friend of mine tried it for the first time, and said it felt just like an opiate. He happens to be a habitual abuser of prescription drugs like Vicodin.

Now, we all know here that the secondary effects are a very very minor part of the drink, and many people don't experience ANY secondary effects other than the alcohol.

I am still wondering if anyone else has noticed a "flushing" of the body, so to speak. I think it has an effect of flushing out other residual substances that are stored in the fatty cells of the body.

Ted, anyone? If I'm full of it, I'd like to hear it.
Louched_Liver
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

It's way subjective Skank. Buy as many different ones as you can.
Skanker2
Posted on Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm going to be honest. I am intrigued by the influences absinthe has had on art and literature throughout history and am looking for an absinthe with a strong "absinthe effect," as opposed to the simple intoxication of alcohol. If anyone could give me a few brand names I would be greatly appreciative

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page