Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

It has been a while- need some advice...

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum Archive thru January 2003 » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » It has been a while- need some advice... « Previous Next »

Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

MAD magazine's "Absinthe Brand Names We'll (Hopefully) Never See":

-- Cusenier Peroxydée
-- Cusenier Cyanurée
-- Cusenier Méthanée
Petermarc
Posted on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 8:05 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

chances are that the modern brand will die anyway, since it might be confused with hydrogen peroxide...
Chevalier
Posted on Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 7:52 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here's a stumper: Is modern Cusenier Oxygenée really and truly "oxygenated"? If it isn't, I'll sue the pants off them for false advertising. Oxygen is important, man.
Zman7
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks!
Tuivel
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.pernod.fr/index_animerIE1024.htm

Got to click 'Les Familles de Spiritueux' and then 'Oxygenee'. Sorry that i can't give a direct link, but it wont work 'cause of their strange frames.

There's also something to be found on their english site. http://www.pernod-ricard.com/
If you do a search on 'oxy' and click the result 'oxygenee'. Cant give you a direct link either because when i try to go there directly i'm blocked by a french username/password login.

But it says something like "Launched in 2001, this new spirit, made from the extracts of small and large absinthe plants, is also produced from star-anise and green anise essences with floral notes. " The french version uses the terms 'grandes' and 'petites' plantes d'absinthe.
Zman7
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Tuivel,
Can you provide the link to the Pernod/Cusenier site? Thanks
Tuivel
Posted on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Pernod/Cusenier claim on their website that Oxygenee is made with extracts of Grand and Petite Wormwood. Sounds like Absinthe to me.
And it's very tasty. I'd recommend Oxy and Emile.
I_B_Puffin
Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I would also recomend Kubler. My favorite Spanish brand is N.S. 70, Segarra is good but different. I has the tast of old Oak barrels so you have to decide if that's how you want your absinthe to taste. It's fine quality but definetly a different taste. Serpis also has a few fans here too.
Nolan
Posted on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 6:20 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sambeau, yes I think Oxygenee is an absinthe.
It does for me what I want and it tastes great on the rocks. Even if it turns out not to be an absinthe I would still drink it because I like
the taste.
Head_Prosthesis
Posted on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Use the sphinctometer!!!
Mr_Rabid
Posted on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

And there it will hang!

Until- if- when- maybe... someone does a deep, probing, thrusting chemical analysis of it. With a spectrometer and/or a spirograph.

After which the results will be fiercly debated here, until reaching the conclusion finally that the number of angels that can dance on the head of that pin depends entirely on whether they are doing the tango or more of a moshing kind of thing.

Let it go man... let it go...
Sambeau
Posted on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nolan

I'd like your opinion. Is Oxygenee truly absinthe? The reviews I've read in the buyers guide seem to have it up in the air.
Greenmeanie
Posted on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I agree w/Nolan. You may also want to add Pernod 68 to the list.

Two or three years since you've been here!!?? Don't be such a stranger!
Nolan
Posted on Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 5:49 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yep, definitly try some of the French. Un Emile 68
or Guy. I also like the Oxygenee. If you want to try a better Spanish then try Segarra.
Villiagegreen
Posted on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Hello all. Well, it has been a good two or three years since I last visited this forum and purchased some fine green goodness. The last purchase for me was Deva and Mayans. I would like to buy more, but am wondering if I should try something new (French maybe?) or stick to Deva. Thanks!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page