Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Home Made Revisited

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Home Made Revisited « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 18, 2003mattm3 (Mattm3)25 5-18-03  8:09 am
Archive through May 15, 2003ENORMUS DICK (Louche25 5-15-03  6:27 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kallisti (Admin)
Madame Guillotine
Username: Admin

Post Number: 1048

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

To everyone:
*kisses!*

And thanks to Leeever for getting *my* back while I was out of town.

I couldn't have said it better.
A lady who has a secure seat is never prettier than when in the saddle, and she who cannot make her conquest there, may despair of the power of her charms elsewhere. - THE MANNERS THAT WIN, 1880

http://www.feeverte.net
Jack Collins (_blackjack_)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: _blackjack_

Post Number: 995

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

It's kind of scary to have you getting my back instead of ripping me a new one, big guy!

Hey, I may disagree with you on some things, but we're both on the side of truth and justice.
ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 1803

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

To everyone:
*kisses!*
Will work for absinthe.
Quidam (Artemis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Artemis

Post Number: 777

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

To to my friend Zman, for whom I have all respect, check the title of the thread, which was chosen by Nabber. Enough said.

To Nabber:

"Arty just ASSUMED that I was knocking his cedentials."

Not at all. I was responding to your ludicrous claim that I wasn't interested in research and learning, or something to that effect.

"Now there you go jumping to erroneous conclusions about me." (addressed to Blackjack, but he said it to me too).

I jumped to no conclusions. What I know and said about you was made obvious by what you wrote here. I didn't even address some rather bizarre aspects of your posts, one of which is that while you obviously didn't know the difference between Petite Wormwood and Grand Wormwood, you had some growing in your garden and were able to taste them just by walking outside. Because of this and more, I'm not altogether convinced that you're not a troll or worse, given your unfortunate pseudonym. Not to mention which, hypocrite, you jumped to a number of erroneous conclusions about me and others here, such as that we're too dull to watch the moon and we're not interested in research.

If all you had said was that I was boring, I would have had no argument. It's been said about me here before.

To the Pigeon:

You didn't find it on Alibris because it's not published yet. I would have never mentioned it, but Pierre did, so I'll leave it there.

To Blackjack:

What you said. It's kind of scary to have you getting my back instead of ripping me a new one, big guy!
Quelle vie ont eue nos grands-parents
Entre l'absinthe et les grands-messes... ?

Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 992

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

Now there you go jumping to erroneous conclusions about me.

Erroneous, perhaps, but not unfounded.

quote:

If it was so obvious from the start that I knew nothing about absinthe because of my silly remarks, how could anyone imply from those remarks that I thought that I knew what I was talking about.

One could infer this from your arguing your contentions instead of accepting your error when corrected. If you were aware that you didn't know what you were talking about, why did you argue?

quote:

More on schmantics - questions verses declarative statements. I have found that asking straight questions on internet forums usually doesnt yield much results - Especially if you really dont know the proper questions to ask.

Well, as you can see, making unfounded declarations didn't yeild much but derision, did it? As for not knowing the right questions to ask, that is why it is best to LURK for some time, and to READ THE FAQ and other supplemental materials before posting. We are usually happy to answer honest questions, as long as they aren't the same questions that have been asked, as they say, frequently.

("Schmantics"?)
Nabber86 (Nabber86)
Mousquetaire
Username: Nabber86

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

The man in black wites:

"No, you used declarative statments, rather than asking questions, which implies that you thought you knew what you were talking about."

Now there you go jumping to erroneous conclusions about me. If it was so obvious from the start that I knew nothing about absinthe because of my silly remarks, how could anyone imply from those remarks that I thought that I knew what I was talking about. I just posted my impressions of what I was thinking about when I tasted some soaked wormwod compared to UE 68.

More on schmantics - questions verses declarative statements. I have found that asking straight questions on internet forums usually doesnt yield much results - Especially if you really dont know the proper questions to ask. Declaritive statements provide a means to open up the discussion in any numer of areas, wchich will eventually start answering any number of questions. Sorry that's just my stlye.

Silly remarks from the keyboard of a newbie. What ever happed to the old saw about "The only stupid question is the one that is left unasked". You will be seeing more silly remarks and stupid questions before this is all over.
Semi Gifted Amateur (Masque)
Mousquetaire
Username: Masque

Post Number: 44
Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Speak not his name, lest you doom us all!
mattm3 (Mattm3)
le Duc
Username: Mattm3

Post Number: 378

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Calling Dr. Lars
How sweet life can be when the misery of ones existance is blurred by slight intoxication!!!

August Strindburg
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 991

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

I never said that I knew jack about absinthe either.

You did, however, proclaim that you didn't think Un Emile was "real" absinthe, because it didn't meet your (mistaken) criteria, and then defend that position with more (mistaken) arguments when your errors were pointed out.

quote:

I asked some stupid questions, and got some smart-ass replys, but that's ok with me.

No, you used declarative statments, rather than asking questions, which implies that you thought you knew what you were talking about.
mattm3 (Mattm3)
le Duc

Post Number: 376

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Save me a copy!
How sweet life can be when the misery of ones existance is blurred by slight intoxication!!!

August Strindburg
The Red Pigeon (Icarus)
le Duc
Username: Icarus

Post Number: 323

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I just did a search on Alibris.com No results. Damn.
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Petermarc

Post Number: 432

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

>If he writes a book someday, I will be the first in line to buy it.
mattm3 (Mattm3)
le Duc

Post Number: 374

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

You uncle fucker

August Strindburg
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Emmy

Post Number: 147

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

good times
MC Peepants (Fluffy_g)
le Vicomte
Username: Fluffy_g

Post Number: 54

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

HA HA HA HA Good one Tarrence!
The Red Pigeon (Icarus)
le Duc
Username: Icarus

Post Number: 321

Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

...and now Snoozey
Nabber86 (Nabber86)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 35
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Z-man,

Your are completely correct. I am totally new to the world of abinthe. I never said that I knew jack about absinthe either. I never said I knew anything about thujone. I never said thujone makes you high.

I never said a lot of things that people jumped to conclusions on. I asked some stupid questions, and got some smart-ass replys, but that's ok with me.

Arty somehow just ASSUMED that I was trying to pass myself off as an expert.

I never said that Arty didnt know anyting about absonthe. Hell he probably does know all there is. If he writes a book someday, I will be the first in line to buy it.

Arty just ASSUMED that I was knocking his cedentials. I said he was boring and I said he is a total idiot for making a bunch of really bad assumptions, but I never said he didnt know his shit about absinthe.

For such a smart guy, Arty makes a lot of really bad assumptions and judgements. That's all.
Z (Zman7)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Zman7

Post Number: 298
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Nab sez> "How can you possibly know what I do and what I dont know based on a few posts to this forum?"

Well that is right and wrong. Based on a review of your postings, it would appear that you are truly new to the world of absinthe. The questions and comments you post, all, to a longtime forum member, appear to be that of an absinthe novice. No problem there. However, I can assure you that Artemis probably has forgotten more about absinthe than you can possibly know at this time (based upon your postings).
His knowledge and insights have been a source of great assistance to those seeking the Green Fairy.
And I, for one, am grateful for his friendship during my time as a forum member.

Imperial Order of Absinthe
Nabber86 (Nabber86)
Mousquetaire

Post Number: 34
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Arty, Arty, Arty,

"You don't know a damned thing about what is modern absinthe, antique absinthe, or any other absinthe, you don't know how Un Emile is made, and you don't digest what you read. All this is okay, except when you come into this forum acting like you know something about these things."

How can you possibly know what I do and what I dont know based on a few posts to this forum? Your statement above proves to me that you are a total and complete IDIOT. You dont know me and you never will. Unless you have some sort of magical power that lets you see inside my brain. You might want to lay off the thujone for a while, I think it may be interupting your thought process.

"THAT is why various people here are laughing at you and or telling you to fuck off."

There you go again assuming things that you dont even know. Like I give a flying fuck about you or anyone else laughing at me.
Z (Zman7)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Zman7

Post Number: 297
Posted on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

No, I don't think the subjects that Nabber is raising are in violation of the particular forum "ban" in place. What is not being discussed is the step-by-step "how to" guide for making homebrew. Discussions of how absinthe was/is/should be made are of a high relevance to the life of this forum. Can you argue that the means of manufacture of Un Emile 68 and Hills are different? If you love the green fairy, then the discussion of means of manufacture are of great interest to this forum. As I have said before, how many times can we blather on about how great Deva is? If you are passionate about absinthe, it brings many subjects up for discussion such as, gardening, chemistry, history, the arts, etc. All of these subjects have a place in the history, past, present, and future of absinthe.
Imperial Order of Absinthe

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page