Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Libertine?

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Libertine? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 27, 2003Mr. Kallisti (Head_p25 6-27-03  10:00 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Moonman's friend (Wolfgang)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Wolfgang

Post Number: 1005
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"they say their process is to assemble distillates of individual ingredients. Not sure how this is that different from mixing oils together with alcohol."

Here's the difference :

If you mix oils in alcohol, you are mixing oil extracted by god knows how method in ethanol.

If your mixing distillates of individual ingredients, it means you'r putting only one herb at a time in the still with alcohol and you distill it. Later, you mix all those distillates made from alcohol and a single herbs to produce an absinthe made from "distillates of individual ingredients". This is not the traditional "Swiss style" absinthe but it is a legitimate distilled absinthe (as opposed to oil mixes). There is some advantages and some inconvenients to this method but I won't enter in any details here.

PS.: Moonman don't like this method.
Mssr. Arsénique Kallisti (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 3785

Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Fuck off. He's busy Si?

GO LIVE !!!
ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 2122

Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yoo, hoo! Ted. Louche Fest. Soon.
Never heard a Si senor or a fuck off.
Hi, what're ya havin'?
Bob (I_b_puffin)
le Duc
Username: I_b_puffin

Post Number: 191
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

"oftentimes resellers and such know little or nothing of what they sell where absinthe (or pseudo-absinthe) is concerned."

Or they are just lying, trying to sell it as authentic absinthe, and claiming that it has artemisia absinthium as a selling point.
Donnie Darko (Besançon)
Mousquetaire
Username: Besançon

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

www.lecomte-blaise.com/visite.htm

Not very well informed. As has been said before, they say their process is to assemble distillates of individual ingredients. Not sure how this is that different from mixing oils together with alcohol. Funny how they say they use other herbs to give it a nice green colour. Green? Are they blind? Libertine is yellow brown...
--------------------------------------------------
Gretchen--"Donnie Darko, sounds like some kind of superhero or something"
Donnie--"What makes you think I'm not?"
T. A. Breaux (Tabreaux)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Tabreaux

Post Number: 115

Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 7:56 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have no idea who these 'Lecomte-Blaise' people are, but it is irrelevant because they do not know what they are talking about. Libertine *does not* contain A.a. The reason why is due to its particular manufacturing process, and its maker does not appeared to be in any way bothered by this.

Our information comes first-hand from the source (we were there only recently), and the erroneous information spewed by 'Lecomte-Blaise' (whomever they are) only demonstrates that oftentimes resellers and such know little or nothing of what they sell where absinthe (or pseudo-absinthe) is concerned.
Tuivel (Tuivel23)
Mousquetaire
Username: Tuivel23

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 1:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Here's what they (Lecomte-Blaise) told me yesterday after asking them to shed some light on this.

"At the beginning, when Hugues de Miscault did the first testings, there was no artemisia absinthium. It was just artemisia pontica and other plants. But the result was not good. So he decided to add artemisia absinthium.

Libertine is made in Fougerolles, in the distillery Paul Devoille. But the distillerie Paul Devoille doesn't have a web site. That is why you doesn't find anything about the Libertine from Devoille.

The Distillery Lecomte-Blaise is an other society from Paul Devoille and it has a web site on which you can have information about Libertine. But the distillery Lecomte-Blaise doesn't produce anything. Everything is made in Fougerolles.

Best regards

Distillerie Lecomte-Blaise"
Donnie Darko (Besançon)
Mousquetaire
Username: Besançon

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Perhaps larger powers that be decided it would be bad PR to let on it doesn't contain A. Absinthium? Who knows, maybe they just changed the recipe? Very curious...

To be honest, I thought Libertine wasn't a bad drink for the money, though it's hardly comparable to any real distilled absinthe. It's drinkable, which is better than most oil mixes, but it's honestly more like an anise liqueur with some extra herbs thrown in.
--------------------------------------------------
Gretchen--"Donnie Darko, sounds like some kind of superhero or something"
Donnie--"What makes you think I'm not?"
Tuivel (Tuivel23)
Paysan

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Petermarc, that's quite interesting. By the way, the email i got came from the account of "Céline de Miscault". His wife i suppose? Looks like they don't talk much to each, other... at least not about what's truly in their Absinthe ;)
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Petermarc

Post Number: 480

Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

>I thought Lecomte-Blaise is a decent distillerie

maybe it is but it wasn't the distillery that ted , ian and i visited, nor is it the distillery that makes libertine; libertine is made by paul devoille distillerie in fougerolles and the maker hugues de miscault, told me himself that it does not contain artemisia absinthium.
i have no idea why this other distillery is saying it makes libertine or that it contains
artemisa absinthium, or why it is now on their web-site, and when i look at the site for paul devoille distillerie, it doesn't mention libertine...it is an absinthe twilight zone!
one must also look at the photo on the Lecomte-Blaise web-site and notice that there is a white-out on the label where it identifies paul devoille distillerie on the bottom of the front label, and now cannot be read...
curiouser and curiouser...
Roman Gundacker (Tuivel23)
Paysan

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

"ted, ian and i were at the distillery that makes libertine two weeks ago. we saw and asked how it was made. it does not contain artemisia absinthium... "

"Dear Mr Gundacker,

Libertine is a totaly natural absinthe. It is done with artemisia absinthium AND artemisia pontica but also with other plants like anis, hysop, coriander, ... It is a very old receipt dating 1894.

Best regards.

Distillerie Lecomte-Blaise"

What's the matter with them? I guess to admit that their 'Absinthe' has no A. Absinthium in it is too embarassing in front of their customers?
I thought Lecomte-Blaise is a decent distillerie...
Pataphysician (Pataphysician)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Pataphysician

Post Number: 607
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.japantoday.com/gidx/news185547.html
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Emmy

Post Number: 200

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yeah, "laughing my ass away" has a more jubilant feel to it don't it? i'll have to remember to fit it in whenever possible :D
Absinthe-Distribution.com (Markus) (Mclion)
le Duc
Username: Mclion

Post Number: 157

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yipiiee I'm a trendsetter!
Markus
www.Absinthe-Distribution.com
Spoon Boy (Absinthespoon)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Absinthespoon

Post Number: 318

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I liked it the other way "laughing my ass away". If we start saying it, maybe it will catch on!
le Duc

Post Number: 156

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 7:50 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Quite a long time ago, since I visited the U.S. or England, so please excuse any mistakes and please - correct me! Thanks
Markus
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 2064

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Just say-
I'm from Fargo.

And people will nod and chuckle.
Hi, what're ya havin'?
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 2063

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 6:33 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Markus,
It's "laughing my ass off", so when you visit America, people will think your accent is from Minnesota.
Hi, what're ya havin'?
le Duc

Post Number: 154

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I'm laughing my ass away. I guess now he shot himsef. Maybe he should move to another forum....
Markus
Jack Collins (_blackjack_)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: _blackjack_

Post Number: 1065

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

FUCK YOU

Phuchk psou? Shouldn't that be in the imperative mood? Which conjugation is phuchk anyhoo?
Mr. Kallisti (Head_prosthesis)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Head_prosthesis

Post Number: 3575

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Get the tongue depressor,
I can make a "quick" trach
with a fountain pen.
GO LIVE !!!
Spoon Boy (Absinthespoon)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Absinthespoon

Post Number: 315

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

move along, people, nothing to see here....
dfasdfsdfsdff (Lediablevert)
Mousquetaire
Username: Lediablevert

Post Number: 32

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

OXYGENEE: FUCK YOU!}}}}}}}}}} have a nice day!}}}
FUCK
pierre verte (Petermarc)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Petermarc

Post Number: 445

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

'sans sucre' was always on the front label...it seems that a printer's error left 'sucre' in the ingredients list on the back label(and if you've had several 10's of thousands of labels printed, you don't want to throw them away!)...same problem for the folks at versinthe with their versinthe la blanche, which is also supposed to be without sugar...
Marc Chevalier (Chevalier)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Chevalier

Post Number: 1290

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Spunky: as in "semen-like"?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page