Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Edit Profile Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Archive through May 19, 2003

Sepulchritude Forum » The Absinthe Forum » Strictly Absinthe & Collectibles » Lost SC order » Archive through May 19, 2003 « Previous Next »

Barsnake (Barsnake)
le Duc
Username: Barsnake

Post Number: 183

Posted on Monday, May 19, 2003 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry to chime in so late - Emmy, you reminded me...therre are several Basque restaurants here and my favorite one is also a hotel for several Basque men that are here temporarily. They keep a gallon jug of homemade Patcharan under the bar. Very few people know about it. One day I was talking to the bartender and she poured me some - very tasty. Sweet taste...almost a honey flavor....good with soda.
and the beat goes on...
mattm3 (Mattm3)
le Duc
Username: Mattm3

Post Number: 354

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Lagavulin is wonderful but ya gotta try Jamisons Gold or Tullamore Dew 12 yr. or my old stand by Johnny Walker Blue (2 bad I can't afford it now).
How sweet life can be when the misery of ones existance is blurred by slight intoxication!!!
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Emmy

Post Number: 146

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

mmm... Junipero... *drools*

that stuff amazes me every time i drink it. which isn't often enough!
Mr_green_jeans (Mr_green_jeans)
Mousquetaire
Username: Mr_green_jeans

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I think bombay saphire is too hot. Its probably made like a lot like LDF Emile, with a concentrated distillate (or, shudder, an oil) added to grain alcohol.

Artisanal gin is a lot like artisanal absinthe. So, I say why fuck around with the cheap shit when you know better goods are available (or at least non-corporate.) For pure flavor, I like Tanq No. 10, but I support the little guys like Anchor Steam's Junipero and Cascade Mtn. I have a bottle of Cadenheads Old Raj and a bottle of Van Gogh as well right now. Each presents a bit different perspective. I like how the Junipero is labled as an "essay." I bet the moonman feels the same way about each batch. I think I might take a chance on the Segarra, if nothing I can use it for G&Ts.
ENORMUS DICK (Louched_liver)
Absinthe Mafia
Username: Louched_liver

Post Number: 1791

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Shit, bitch. I'm barely employed now, so it's enough to party hard again. Bring it on up to Absinthetown. You too Smuttttty.
Will work for absinthe.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1790

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

2LY!!!!!!!!
Will work for absinthe.
2LY!!! (2loucheltrec)
le Duc
Username: 2loucheltrec

Post Number: 281

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yes, it was i who got some segarra gin, i also got some cuban rum (yummy). i thought the gin was good but not great, i thought it lacked in the juniper area, i still prefer my bombay sapphire. i sent a sample (segarra) to wolfgang too ... his review is in a PM on the opieforum and i'm not logging in over there to get it (sorry), may he'll repost it over here.

lagavulin you fools... unless you're mostly broke (like me right now)... then fall back on glenlevit or johnny walker black (if it your going to go blended).
The Legendary Saint Herb (Herb)
Mousquetaire
Username: Herb

Post Number: 18

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I had the Macallan 25 at a memorable occasion that started with learning that you can negotiate price with the bartender if you're buying in quantity, and ended with a member of the party leaving in a police van. Oh, yeah, the Scotch was very tasty.
Bob (I_b_puffin)
le Duc
Username: I_b_puffin

Post Number: 120
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I haven't ordered Segarra gin, but it was tempting. I think along time ago someone here gave it a favorable review.
mattm3 (Mattm3)
le Duc

Post Number: 347

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 6:08 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Jamisons or Tullamore Dew By the bucket!!! My spelling goes all ta hell when I'm drunk!!!
How sweet life can be when the misery of ones existance is blurred by slight intoxication!!!
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1778

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

We coo' dog.
Will work for absinthe.
mattm3 (Mattm3)
le Duc

Post Number: 344

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If not absinthe I like the Ol' Malt.
Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 145

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

yah, was responding/elaborating on mr green jeans inquiry into non-absinthian options, tho i did fail to address the topic of segarra gin entirely hehe
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1775

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

If memory serves me, I thought 2LY!!!! was gonna get Segarra Gin. Well, shit, someone was.
Will work for absinthe.
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1774

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

Em and an em and an ee,
I was talkin' absinthe only, Jackson.
Will work for absinthe.
mattm3 (Mattm3)
le Duc

Post Number: 335

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

This looks yummy. Anyone tried it yet?

Pastor of Muppets (Emmy)
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 143

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

there's a lot of nice goodies that sc carries, if you feel adventurous, take a spin in the liquers section, i highly suggest picking up some of the following:

Leche Rizada: lemon cream liquor but light and refreshing not heavy or syrupy like baileys and such, not sour either it's more like alcoholic milk with lemony vanilla-y cinnamon-y flavors

Patxaran (also called Patcharan): liquer made from berries indigenous to the spanish/portuguese penninsula, tastes somewhere between blackberries and currants, sweet but not syrupy, very nice over ice or with soda or ginger ale

Ratafia: dark herbal liquer, again not too syrupy, great plain over ice, tastes are semisweet herbal with hints of maple and spice

i've also ordered Chamomile liquer (comes with a branch of chamomile inside the bottle hehe), and Cuban rums... if i had the cash, there's a ton of stuff i'd like to order from them and try.
mattm3 (Mattm3)
le Duc

Post Number: 332

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I have never had it but I hear it is quite good.
Mr_green_jeans (Mr_green_jeans)
Mousquetaire
Username: Mr_green_jeans

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Have any of you ordered Segarra gin? I was thinking I might pony up for an all Segarra order.
mattm3 (Mattm3)
le Duc

Post Number: 328

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Or da bling-bling!
Absinthe Mafia

Post Number: 1768

Posted on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 3:09 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

I learned my lesson about SC over a year ago-There is nothing there I want. Great people, poor selection.

-Liquers de France.

-The Moonman.

That's what there is out there worth any of my cha-ching.
Will work for absinthe.
Darrin, Stalker of Head (Traineraz)
Elitist Bastard
Username: Traineraz

Post Number: 901
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostPrint Post

I learned the lesson about economy shipping from SC, too. DON'T DO IT! It took about 10 weeks for my order when I did that. Apparently, economy shipping goes by sea turtle. Air shipping goes by airbunny.
He who would sacrifice liberty for security deserves neither.

-- Thus Spake Zoboomafoo
TheFoy (Thefoy)
Paysan
Username: Thefoy

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah, I made the mistake of ordering regular. Which says it will take up to about 10 weeks. I emailed them, and they just said to wait longer, as they can't track the package.
mattm3 (Mattm3)
le Duc

Post Number: 323

Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 6:35 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

Did you do reguler or express shipping? The longest I have ever waited is 3 weeks. I would e-mail them, they have great customer service and will take care of any problems.
TheFoy (Thefoy)
Paysan
Username: Thefoy

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostPrint Post

So...ordered four bottles from SC back around mid February, over 12 weeks ago. Still hasn't come in. Should I be worried? Doesn't customs send you a letter if they confiscate something? Maybe those bastard neighbors stole it...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page